• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Teitelbaum-suggested Recovery Factors has been helping

Learner1

So, you're suggesting that I should try NR... I tried on two occasions... boy... it makes me sooooo... sleepy... but that would fit... if NR makes sleepy and ribose is used to make NR which makes me sleepy then taking ribose will make sleepy as well.

So, to put it in different words... how do I make NR less sleep-inducing? :)
No. NR doesn't work. I was suggesting trying NAD+ or NMN.

Mick

No. NR doesn't work. I was suggesting trying NAD+ or NMN.
OK, but which one - NAD+ or NMN - is better?

I can't find NAD+, I can only find NADH.
https://iherb.com/pr/now-foods-nadh-10-mg-60-veg-capsules/22232

Is this one OK to take (maybe the situation is like with ubiquinone and ubiquinol where ubiquinol is better aborbed - supposedly).

Or maybe NMN is better still? Which one would you suggest (link to iherb highly desirable, I am unable to think and compare and there is a sale which ends soon...).

I have convinced myself to take Nad or NMN because that's what I do - I try all possible supps.
Even though today there's been a twist in action.

I took mitoQ and PQQ and miraculously I did not get PEM after 4 hours of work.
Yes, I dropped dead after that and slept for 3 hours and nothing could wake me but I am awake now and I feel no muscle problems (at the moment). If the muscle tissue is still good tomorrow then I kind of have found my solution. But I can bet that it will work for me only for a limited amount of time. It's always like that.

Then I get worse, I have to take something else and the story repeats itself, blah. If I get one good day per two weeks on average and that's it. I bet some people will say that it's great to have even this one day. Yes, it kind of is but it also sucks because I have no other support, no benefits, no nothing.

Learner1

OK, but which one - NAD+ or NMN - is better?

I can't find NAD+, I can only find NADH.
https://iherb.com/pr/now-foods-nadh-10-mg-60-veg-capsules/22232

Is this one OK to take (maybe the situation is like with ubiquinone and ubiquinol where ubiquinol is better aborbed - supposedly).

Or maybe NMN is better still? Which one would you suggest (link to iherb highly desirable, I am unable to think and compare and there is a sale which ends soon...).

I have convinced myself to take Nad or NMN because that's what I do - I try all possible supps.
Even though today there's been a twist in action.

I took mitoQ and PQQ and miraculously I did not get PEM after 4 hours of work.
Yes, I dropped dead after that and slept for 3 hours and nothing could wake me but I am awake now and I feel no muscle problems (at the moment). If the muscle tissue is still good tomorrow then I kind of have found my solution. But I can bet that it will work for me only for a limited amount of time. It's always like that.

Then I get worse, I have to take something else and the story repeats itself, blah. If I get one good day per two weeks on average and that's it. I bet some people will say that it's great to have even this one day. Yes, it kind of is but it also sucks because I have no other support, no benefits, no nothing.
I think it is useful to understand how pathways work, what cofactors they need and what one's status is for each cofactor.