• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tearful

Just looking for support/guidance really.
Keep been very tearful at the moment.Just struggling with not been able to do house things and no one to rely on. I don't do well with antidepressants as sensitive so much to the side effects.Worried its always going to be this way.Anyone recommend it suggest anything please?

ljimbo423

Just looking for support/guidance really.
Keep been very tearful at the moment.Just struggling with not been able to do house things and no one to rely on. I don't do well with antidepressants as sensitive so much to the side effects.Worried its always going to be this way.Anyone recommend it suggest anything please?

I'm sorry you are in this situation. I don't know what I can say to really help you take a positive action to improve your situation. I do feel very strongly that you can improve. I was severely sick for years and have improved dramatically.

It took me a long time and countless "baby steps" to get to where I am but I feel the core issue that most of us with ME/CFS have is in the gut. Dysbiosis and leaky gut, causing mitochondrial dysfunction, low grade neuro-inflammation and ME/CFS.

I started my changes by just very, very slowly cutting out sugary junk food like cookies and ice cream. Then very slowly started adding in supplements to improve my mitochondrial function and slowly built on these things.

Sorry I can't be more helpful but as I said, I feel very strongly that at the very least, given enough time most of us, (including you:thumbsup:) can improve our health significantly.

I hope this is helpful.

Last edited:

Wishful

I do feel very strongly that you can improve.

I agree. While at times it seems hopeless, many of us do find things that improve our quality of life. There's no guaranteed quick fix, but if you try a lot of things and pay attention to even minor improvements, you may find something that works well for you. Also, the last few years has seen some significant effort in terms of research, so there's some hope there.

Worried its always going to be this way.

There's no guaranteed quick fix, but if you try a lot of things and pay attention to even minor improvements, you may find something that works well for you.
I am saddened to read that you are going through a tough time. You don’t say how long you have had this illness, but I feel that it is essential that you find a doctor who is supportive and honest.

When I was first diagnosed in 1994, my doctor openly admitted that he didn’t know much about ME/CFS. He also suggested that I could contact the local ME/CFS society for information and support.

Over the years, I found a number of things that have helped. If something helped just a little bit I would keep taking it and read all I could about it. In doing this I was determined to only use natural supplements and vitamins.

In my case, I found that I had an abnormal need for essential fatty acids. I also found olive leaf extract and resveratrol especially useful.

Luckily, I am now feeling well again after taking the prescription drug atorvastatin as a result of having a stroke last year. The reasons for why this drug has helped me remain unclear.

Rebeccare

Moose Enthusiast
I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling so awful. I do go through phases of feeling that way myself. I think it's perfectly normal to feel that way. It's hard being sick, and it's overwhelming to try and figure out what you are and aren't able to handle due to that illness.

Do you have someone you can talk to about the way you're feeling? I was in therapy for 10 years after first coming down with ME/CFS, and it was very helpful to have somebody that I could talk to about all of these things. And knowing that I had that space set aside for being able to focus on my feelings was so helpful.

The important thing is to remember that there are always ups and downs, both physically and emotionally. And when you're in a 'down,' it can feel like you'll never be 'up' again. But, strangely enough, those 'downs' don't last forever. Things will get better.