• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Taking Molybdenum causes increase in Fibromyalgia

taroki

I am currently taking Molybdenum for my Sulphur Sensitivities. I recently took Biotics Research Mo-Zyme ... Molybdenum (from vegetable culture) at 100mcg and my Fibromyalgia pain flared up.

Strange because when I took KPU minerals (Biopure Core) which has high dose Molybdenum (Krebs) 100mcg per capsule it does not happen.

Does this mean the sulfur sensitivity is the cause of my Fibro? Does this mean I need a specific type of molybdenum? The reason why I wanted to try the molybdenum by itself is because Dr. Klinghardt says you should do some mercury chelation before starting KPU. And the sulphur sensitivity is preventing me from doing oral chelation right now.

I also have Lyme, Mercury, pesticide, etc.

ahmo

I'm intrigued by their label.
† Specially grown, biologically active vegetable culture containing Phytochemically Bound Molybdenum™ and other phytochemicals including polyphenolic compounds with superoxide dismutase,
I've ended up using Country Life Mbd chelate. I switched from others due to ammonia. Ammonia or histaminess are possible candidates along w/ sulfur. It'll be good if this flare gets you closer to finding the underlying triggers.:meh:

jason30

Hmm i just wanted to start with molybdenum because i am low in molybdenum plus because my MCS and i have read that it breaks down the toxic waste products of candida. I also have Fibromyalgia.
I just wanted to order: Molybdenum (as Ammonium Molybdate). That's an other type then yours Molybdenum (Krebs) ?

jason30

Thanks Ahmo. Too bad it contains stearate and silica but i will order that one because of the molybdenum amino acid chelate.

jason30

That could be the cause of the joint pain. Is there a way to limit the increase of uric acid by the Molybdenum?

Gondwanaland

@jason30 My way was with oral Magnesium oxide. I managed to tolerate up to 600mg spread out during the day, away from meals, for about 4 weeks. It was a huge relief. Of course I only take Molyb in very low doses (below 100mcg) every now and then. I'd rather take it in Molyb-rich foods, not often.

jason30

Thanks alot! Very important to know.
I have read that Vitamin C and polygonum cuspidatum also reduce uric acid. (Source)

Plus Potassium-magnesium citrate will also do the job (Source)