• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tahoe businessmen pressure CDC to ingore CFS outbreak?

caledonia

Hi,
I'm doing research for my next CFS video regarding the CDC.

I saw somebody mention somewhere that during the Incline Village outbreak and subsequent investigation by the CDC, local business people were afraid of losing business if the CDC reported an epidemic, so they got their congresspeople to pressure the CDC into backing off, ignoring the outbreak.

Has anybody else heard this, and does anybody know the source of this info? I don't think this is in Osler's Web.

taniaaust1

I read that online years ago.. but sorry i cant remember where the source was.

addition..i think i just remembered now, it was a CFS/ME patient who was telling the whole story about this (still thou cant remember the source).

Something to do with snow was in that story too... was it a good snow year? The best year they'd had for a while.. (Im trying to remember some of the stand out words from that.. so a search could be done using them)

taniaaust1

wow.. those B12 injections are great.. brains working good :)

just did search using "Incline Tahoe CFS snow" and found the info you are looking for right away.

http://cfs-facts.blogspot.com/2009/02/cfs-and-child-abuse-hillary-johnsons.html Erik Johnson from Incline village submitted about it on that link.. and also mentions there
Dr Byron Hyde discusses this a bit in his "Little Red
Book" under the section "Business comes first", and
it is also mentioned in Hillary Johnon's book "Osler's
Web", so you'll know that I'm not the only person
who talks about this strange event.