• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

T-shirts to raise awareness and funds

that said, though, I think getting a few good ones for ME/CFS first and then seeing how things go would probably be best before branching into related illnesses

Agree; a few good ones for ME/CFS would be what I would want to see. Personally, I don't want them too sweet or nice.. I would prefer a STRONG, attention getting message. Most people do not recognize the gravity of this disease and that is the message I would to see being sent. Breast Cancer and other well known and well funded illnesses can afford to be hopeful and uplifting etc etc etc in their message. I don't know that we can... yet. Not until the general public really understands what ME/CFS is and the impact it is having on patients who are getting almost NO support from the medical community or the government. Again, my 2 cents.

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
Yes, strong is ok, but too angry or negative can be a turn-off to all. I like pretty things and shirts that are fun to wear and get noticed, just not negative. Guess we need a large choice! :thumbsup:

healing.jpg

Hi all. There is a t'shirt on GLeenz that I have always liked. The idea is funny and thoughtful without being maudlin or too cutesy. I think it could be the basis of one for us.
shirts1.html
http://store.glennz.com/slowingdown.html It's the one with the super hero on a mobility scooter. I wonder if Gleez might be willing to create one for us as a charity piece. What do you think?
Blessings.
:sofa:

Yes, strong is ok, but too angry or negative can be a turn-off to all. I like pretty things and shirts that are fun to wear and get noticed, just not negative. Guess we need a large choice! :thumbsup:

I do agree with that; not negative or angry, fun to wear, but still make a point. I guess I just don't want anything that sugar coats the message. Hmmm... can you tell I am recently dx? Ha ha! Still have my own anger issues at drs who told me there was nothing wrong despite a lumbar puncture that showed 3 oligoclonal bands. Anyways.... A large choice if it can be done, or at least two types might be wise!

I can't quite see what the first t-shirt on there says

It's a design by Dr. Franky Dolan... also an ME/CFS patient and donated to us for use in sales. The saying is, "A million broken pieces can make one powerful whole." If I remember correctly...

The bottom says something along the lines of, Design for a Cure: Supporting ME/CFS Reasearch - Franky Dolan

This isn't exact, just going from memory. Sorry - to tired to look!

citybug

I'm working on some images for zazzle which isn't quite finished. I'm interested in postcards too, which they have there and don't have on cafe press. There were some strong images which popped out at me on the forums. Maybe later I can put some on cafe press too for better t shirts if people like an image. I think these will be strong images, but not necessarily what others are describing here. I don't have any experience with type design for slogan t shirts.

I encourage people to try to design a shirt directly on one of the websites.

Jaxinthecity are you a graphic artist? Is anyone else here?

Tammie

It's a design by Dr. Franky Dolan... also an ME/CFS patient and donated to us for use in sales. The saying is, "A million broken pieces can make one powerful whole." If I remember correctly...

The bottom says something along the lines of, Design for a Cure: Supporting ME/CFS Reasearch - Franky Dolan

This isn't exact, just going from memory. Sorry - to tired to look!

very cool!!