• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Symptom reduction on starting Xifaxin

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi Sushi,

I want to offer some food for thought. I know many people take B-12 injections and do great on them. But not everyone can handle that much B-12. If I took that much, I'd be detoxing so hard it would cause serious trouble.

So you know, if you need to lower your dose of B-12, you wouldn't be the only one. I take a tiny crumb of a Perque B-12 tablet, and not even every day.

Congrats on your gut working better! Do you take any toxin binders to help move the dead critters and etc. out?

Fore

Yes, I use toxin binders and also FIR and epsoms salts baths to help move things out. I have experimented with dosing B12 injections and now seem to have found a dose that doesn't give me much detox.

Best,
Sushi

Hi Mary,

I was prescribed Paramomycin (which I think is the same as Gabbroral), for the first month, Xifaxin for the second month, and Paramomycin again for the third month--with the remainder of each month on VSL-3.

Have you had symptom improvements on gut antibiotics? Hope so!

Sushi

Hi Sushi, I know this is an old thread from 2012 but wanted to know : Do you think the Paramomycin was necessary to get rid of the prevotella or is the Rifaximine enough and just go a couple of rounds?

Also, does anyone know of a reliable online source for this? I am going to try and convince my doctor to get me on it but if they don't I need a backup plan, I am so tired of being tired.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Do you think the Paramomycin was necessary to get rid of the prevotella or is the Rifaximine enough and just go a couple of rounds?
I don't know for sure but suspect the Rifaxamin was the most important.