Symptom reduction on starting Xifaxin

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi Sushi,

I want to offer some food for thought. I know many people take B-12 injections and do great on them. But not everyone can handle that much B-12. If I took that much, I'd be detoxing so hard it would cause serious trouble.

So you know, if you need to lower your dose of B-12, you wouldn't be the only one. I take a tiny crumb of a Perque B-12 tablet, and not even every day.

Congrats on your gut working better! Do you take any toxin binders to help move the dead critters and etc. out?

Fore
Yes, I use toxin binders and also FIR and epsoms salts baths to help move things out. I have experimented with dosing B12 injections and now seem to have found a dose that doesn't give me much detox.

Best,
Sushi

Hi Mary,

I was prescribed Paramomycin (which I think is the same as Gabbroral), for the first month, Xifaxin for the second month, and Paramomycin again for the third month--with the remainder of each month on VSL-3.

Have you had symptom improvements on gut antibiotics? Hope so!

Sushi
Hi Sushi, I know this is an old thread from 2012 but wanted to know : Do you think the Paramomycin was necessary to get rid of the prevotella or is the Rifaximine enough and just go a couple of rounds?

Also, does anyone know of a reliable online source for this? I am going to try and convince my doctor to get me on it but if they don't I need a backup plan, I am so tired of being tired.