• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Supplementation of pyruvat risky?

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I took some sodium pyruvate once. It made my dreams louder...literally. It was like when someone turns up the radio too loud. It kinda scared me so I never tried them again.

That being said, everyone here reacts very differently to things so I hope others will give you more feedback on your question.

Also can Martin rotate back onto some of things he was trying like the Ivermectin or the DSF to see if they help him again?

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback, @Judee.

Yeha, he is figuring out what to do next because some test results came in and among other things pyruvate is lowered. So he asked himself if a supplementation could be a good idea because he remembered that it used to work in the nano needle. So he wondered why it couldn't be a good idea for a supplementation.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
We're all different so maybe he could just try a pinch of the supplement and see if it changes things in a good way. Hopefully it will for him.

Saying a prayer that he gets some inspiration on what will help him again.

Mary

Moderator Resource
@MichaelK - 16 years ago I took calcium pyruvate for a few weeks. After a few days or a week or so my energy increased and I had about a week of increased energy with no PEM - no crashing. It was great. And then it stopped working. I think I tried it again a few times, without the same results, but it's been several years, and now I'm curious and I may try it again.

I did a brief search and the only negative things I found were that it can cause stomach upset or digestive problems. It doesn't appear to have been studied very much, and I'm afraid I don't know why Ron Davis said it wasn't a good medication.