• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sunlight as being anti-viral

pamojja

In my case remission from a PAD walking-disability, COPD and ME/CFS symptoms (constant PEMS - working part-time) Sun-warmth has been a fundamental part, beside lifestyle and Orthomolecular supplementation.

Started to take my 6 weeks yearly vacations on a sub-tropical beach in 2012 always in the deepest winter middle of January, until it wasn't possible due to Covid after 2020 anymore. My conditions gradually improved. Even my max. swimming distance out the open ocean increased from initially 45 minutes max. to 80 Minutes the last of those years.

First time without the respite from winter 2021, I could feel for the first time some leg-pains again, though not as bad as to cause walking-disabilty again. And in this situation 2 Philipps infrared lamps with a total 950Watt for only 20 minutes a day, would surprisingly improve the pains remarkably again.

Summertime in Central Europe it takes about 2 weeks of sun-bathing 2 hours a day for improvement. And during the 6 weeks on the Indian beach I usually got 4 hours of whole body sunexposure daily. Due to my high antioxidants status I never got sun-burned since 2012 again. Even though I started sunbathing 4 hours daily from the first day onward on my Indian beach stays.

Due to circulation difficulties from PAD, my improvement might more likely come from improved nitric oxid in the bloodstream due to the sun. And less from the D3 or melatonin.

However, I never had a real cold since my last sickness-leave in 2006. And beside supplementing comprehensively Melatonin too. So not really surprising I didn't get Covid at all, and after a thourough risks-benefits analysis choose not to get the mRNA-therapy or any of the vaccines.

Last edited: