• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Did you get to the bottom of this sean

Not yet unfortunately, though thankfully this weight loss I mentioned previously hasn't worsened too much since I posted this.

I recently seen a neurologist tried to diagnose me with FND and said that my symptoms are "somatic", I disagree with this of course. So I'll be seeing another neurologist soon from the UK who I'm hoping could help get to the bottom of this illness after 5+ years. Apparently he was the same doctor who recorded the first ME/CFS death in the UK in 2005. While I don't appear to actualy have ME/CFS, I do seem to have some kind of post-viral (or bacterial) illness affecting my brain so hopefully this doctor can figure out something.

Oliver3

Not yet unfortunately, though thankfully this weight loss I mentioned previously hasn't worsened too much since I posted this.

I recently seen a neurologist tried to diagnose me with FND and said that my symptoms are "somatic", I disagree with this of course. So I'll be seeing another neurologist soon from the UK who I'm hoping could help get to the bottom of this illness after 5+ years. Apparently he was the same doctor who recorded the first ME/CFS death in the UK in 2005. While I don't appear to actualy have ME/CFS, I do seem to have some kind of post-viral (or bacterial) illness affecting my brain so hopefully this doctor can figure out something.
Glad to hear you've plateued out a bit. Hope you get somewhere with it soon Sean

Back