• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Strange new symptom, itchy head, can't sleep

wciarci

Wenderella
Athene, be careful about zinc, we can take too much. I really think this toxin sweat is linked to either Tumeric or biotin, I stopped the Tumeric for a few days, the itching decreased, started it again, itching increased, but so did my energy, in fact many people have been commenting on how good I look, energetic and the like. I am going to add coconut oil in a bit. I really want to rid my body of viruses and toxins. I am off almost all my meds, just doxepin and one 5/500 hydrocodone, down from three 7.5/750 a day. My goal this summer is no more hydrocodone or metal hangers!

Wendy

Athene

ihateticks.me
Thasnk you everyone!

This is all turning out to be very informative!

Wendy, do you know what's in the turmeric that could be detoxing you? I've read it can kill some bacteria, but I didn't knwo it could detox.. if that is what it is doing?

Re the zinc, I take the full dose that it says on the bottle so presumably I am not overdoing it. But I do wonder about the oxidative stress. Apart from L-carnitine, could it help to take a range of various other antioxidants?

willow

Think I'm right in saying that too much zinc can be excitory and what's too much for one person won't be for another. Asalways we're our own experiment.

Also some types of contraceptive pill can lead to zinc/copper imbalance. I was astonsihed at how and how quickly my system changed on stopping it.

wciarci

Wenderella
Thanks leave, I had to look up oxalates and there are better supplements than others (less oxalates) so I will look into this. Tumeric helps detox the liver has anti-viral properties (keeps viruses from multiplying). Some studies show it to be very effective with HIV and herpes viruses. Since I have HHV 6 and EB and Parvo, I decided to give it a try on top of the olive leaf extract. I am now pulsing the Tumeric. Itchy head has stopped. Coincidence?

Wendy

leaves

Hmm interesting
I've taken it for a long time but am now on a low oxalate diet and doing better.
Good it helps you tho!