• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Strange mark(s) on skin. Rash? Overlying swollen vein / lymph vessel in neck

This is a strange one.

The photo shows some marks on the left side of my neck. Now this rash - if you can call it that - does not bother me. The reason I post is because the largest mark/spot (about a thrid of the way up the photo) lies directly over what seems to me to be a swollen vein or lymph vessel in my neck, which can't be seen in this photo. This part of my neck just does not feel right. I am wonder if these marks are anything to do with that.

Any idea what's going on here? The largest mark (which feels like a small scab, but isn't) seems to almost dissapear, then reappears.

Thanks for any help, though this may be a shot in the dark!

Attachments

• 20190326_143404.jpg
    20190326_143404.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 48

Celandine

Perrin talks about varicose lymphatics in ME and his osteopathy technique is all about getting lymph moving again. I wonder if you've ever seen a Perrin practitioner. Perrin himself is near your neck of the woods.

Thanks for the reply. Yep, very familiar with Perrin and his ideas. And yes he practises an hour from me. His theory to me makes some sense, but it is still 'out there', and there is little evidnece supporting his hypothesis. I have actually got so far as contacting the clinic, but had no reply - which really put me off.

I'm also not sure if this is a lymph vessel or a vein that I can feel. I saw a consultant about a permanently enlarged lymph gland on that side and she said lymph vessels do not exist! I know this to be false.

Celandine

I was really sceptical about the Perrin thing when I first read about it. Seemed to make no sense. But then I came across this article on Health Rising https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2...rin-point-ray-perrin-me-cfs-and-fibromyalgia/
and it got me thinking again. The theory fit really well with my experience of my daughter's ME. I listened to the interview linked in that article where Perrin explains the whole thing and it just seemed like something worth trying. Not particularly expensive compared to some things and no real side effects. There happened to be a practitioner 10 minutes from us, so gave it a go. It's really helped my daughter. She's improved a lot since we started about a year ago. First time she had the treatment she spiked a fever and felt awful. Something was definitely happening. Anyway, when I read the stuff coming out about craniocervical instability and read the autopsy results of Merryn Croft and Sophia Mirza and their spinal inflammation, I feel like this fits right in. It's all about the spine. It doesn't seem out there to me at all anymore. It's a mechanical approach and it doesn't seem crazy to think that maybe one thing that predisposes some to get ME while others don't might be something structural.

I managed to get through to someone at Perrin’s office and made an appointment. That was around a year ago. We live in Devon, so it was going to be a long journey and in the end it was too far for my daughter, so we cancelled and stuck with our local guy. If you think that what's on your neck could be lymphatic, I'd say it's worth trying Perrin again.