• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sticky blood & inflammation question

I have an appt. tomorrow with a functional medicine MD that addresses Berg's theory of hypercoagulation due to a hidden infection. All I know, and I've told my story before, is two times while in the hospital and received anticoagulant therapy for surgery and bed-bound stay, by the time I got home my mind was way more "free and open" (don't know how to explain it). I could FEEL how I used to feel way back before becoming sick. At first I thought it was the IV fluids, because I have POTS and tend to not hold onto fluids that I drink. But in that 15 year time of 5 hospitalizations, I had IVs for all stays, but only anti-coagulants for the two times I felt really good. That is why I am seeing this doctor to have it addressed. I admit it may be pure coincidence, but still, I'm having it thoroughly looked at.

humanrising

When I first started down the road of CFS I saw one of my first but would sadly be many docs who weren't worth the money or the travel, but the one thing he tested that made the trip worth while was my blood viscosity. I ended up having really thick blood and he suggested that I go on Heparin.

I didn't want to go on a blood thinner since I had seen what my dads life was like on it. So did some research and went on Serrappeptase (made from earth worms). It worked great for me! My blood levels went to normal, I didn't have to worry about eating greens or the bruising etc that come from taking a blood thinner. I continue to take it ( when i remember has to be taken on an empty stomach and I eat a lot!) Every so often when I get my regular blood work done I check my PT and I am always good.

I do think there are times and situations that you a blood thinner is important but I was really glad that I found something to "unstick" my sticky blood.

The sticky blood saga is seen in many pathogen illness like Lyme and co-infections, the bio film that organisms cause and or use to protect themselves can be greatly helped by keeping the blood "thinned".

If you have had your blood tested I recommend it,..... its a simple test they do all the time and if you do need to address it, I also recommend reading more about Serrappeptase and see if it sounds like its worth a try!

When I first started down the road of CFS I saw one of my first but would sadly be many docs who weren't worth the money or the travel, but the one thing he tested that made the trip worth while was my blood viscosity. I ended up having really thick blood and he suggested that I go on Heparin.

I didn't want to go on a blood thinner since I had seen what my dads life was like on it. So did some research and went on Serrappeptase (made from earth worms). It worked great for me! My blood levels went to normal, I didn't have to worry about eating greens or the bruising etc that come from taking a blood thinner. I continue to take it ( when i remember has to be taken on an empty stomach and I eat a lot!) Every so often when I get my regular blood work done I check my PT and I am always good.

I do think there are times and situations that you a blood thinner is important but I was really glad that I found something to "unstick" my sticky blood.

The sticky blood saga is seen in many pathogen illness like Lyme and co-infections, the bio film that organisms cause and or use to protect themselves can be greatly helped by keeping the blood "thinned".

If you have had your blood tested I recommend it,..... its a simple test they do all the time and if you do need to address it, I also recommend reading more about Serrappeptase and see if it sounds like its worth a try!

Great story! I am going to be tested for "sticky blood". So, did you feel/think better after your blood was "thinned"?

andyguitar

I admit it may be pure coincidence, but still, I'm having it thoroughly looked at.
Bet you it's not a coincidence! It's use as a treatment for me/cfs has been around for a long time. Years ago a High Court judge in England tried to get the NHS to use it as a treatment as his daughter (who had me) got a lot better on it. Even got a mention in the Times newspaper.

choochoo

Well I'm one of them, haha, that has it all the time. I know two other severe cases with permanent VS. I was in hospital with them.

humanrising

"Great story! I am going to be tested for "sticky blood". So, did you feel/think better after your blood was "thinned"?"

I didn't feel better physically but I did feel better knowing that I wasn't going to have a stroke or that I wasn't helping any unwanted "critters" being better able to set up condos :)