• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

starting cycloferron

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
i cant see a problem going subcut, u could get away with using a 25g needle and injecting into outer thigh IM, 23g is normally used for im injections. So u havent used it yet?? keep us updated. I have taken february off cycloferon and will restart it in march for a couple more months.

cheers!!!

undcvr

I swear i could pass out the next time i see another of those long thick needles that they use for intramuscular. And after awhile it literally becomes a pain injecting myself with one of those needles.

heapsreal

i have been off the cycloferon for 9 days now, and i think being on it was definately making a difference as i have been feeling crappy of late but im going to atleast stay off cyclo for 14 days and then maybe go back on, if i dont feel to bad i will try to stay off for the whole month to give my body a good break from them. I might have to order some more injectable cyclo as i think that really gets the ball rolling and then maintenance with tablets.

cheers!!!

heapsreal

how is everyone doing who tried cycloferon??
I have been off it now since january and tomorrow i go for my lymphocyte testing again so we will see if the break adversely effected my test results. After this test im on it again, so hopefully i can then judge its effects again. My last test showed that my viral load was almost normal with cyclo and famvir, still on famvir though.
Im interested to hear from others experience.

cheers!!!

I'm getting close to full health or at least 95%. Thinking Doxy turned it around but I have been taking them both about the same time so maybe it is the combo! Will Drop famvir and see if any change happens!

Beth

orion

how is everyone doing who tried cycloferon??
I have been off it now since january and tomorrow i go for my lymphocyte testing again so we will see if the break adversely effected my test results. After this test im on it again, so hopefully i can then judge its effects again. My last test showed that my viral load was almost normal with cyclo and famvir, still on famvir though.
Im interested to hear from others experience.

cheers!!!
I've been on it for about two months. To be honest I haven't really noticed any difference. However, I'm only on a very low dose (2*150mg every other day). I'm wondering whether I should perhaps be taking more.

I still haven't decided whether to try Famvir. I'm getting mixed messages over its effectiveness and it's fairly expensive if you take it in the long term.

heapsreal

I've been on it for about two months. To be honest I haven't really noticed any difference. However, I'm only on a very low dose (2*150mg every other day). I'm wondering whether I should perhaps be taking more.

I still haven't decided whether to try Famvir. I'm getting mixed messages over its effectiveness and it's fairly expensive if you take it in the long term.

If you have tested positive to any of the herpes viruses, ebv, cmv, hhv6 i think its worth trying it for 3 months and see if u get any improvement and if u get some improvement then try it for a total of 12 months, but yes its probably something u need to stay on for a couple of years. cycloferon i found helped to a certain degree and more noticable effects from injectable cyclo, but i got a definate boost from the combo of cyclo and famvir. cyclo is cheap and worth a trial, but if not noticing anything after 3 months then probably best to drop it, but maybe try it down the track again, maybe good when your immune system has tired out. 3 months is a good time period for these types of things as i think it takes time to lower viral loads to a noticable degree.

Thanks for replying orion.

cheers!!!

Grape Funk

Hey heaps, did u take imunovir at all, or do u stick strickly to cycloferon and famvir? I'm trying to decide which immune booster to take. I've read cyclo works a little better regarding activating interferon in our body.

heapsreal

no i havent tried immunovir, mainly because it is way more expensive and also because the info on cycloferon looked alot better, ie its used in HIV and for cmv infections as well as viral infections in general. I did use inosine in the past with some success but retrying it hasnt helped, but im going to try inosine again as i have read that it has anti-inflammatory effects against IL6 which is an inflammatory cytokine which can worsen sleep. Previosly i used inosine with a morning dose but will try it at night before bed to see if it helps sleep by reducing these cytokines. I have been back on cycloferon tabs now for a week and was feeling very viral type fatigue before using it again, yesterday started feeling a little better, maybe because of cyclo. I have ordered for ampoules has i think the injections work better, will probably use these on a mon/thurs schedule as they say it can elevate interferon for upto 3 days.

cheers!!!

heaps,

please remind me what dose of famvir your on again? i'm currently on 250mg BID and had really awful die off for about a week. Interesting to compare doses and dosing regiemes?

heapsreal

famvir 250mg twice a day, i never got any die off symptoms, but maybe its like an immune reconstitution syndrome type thing happening like others have been getting on antiretro drugs, ie the av's are dropping your viral load freeing up your immune system to kill other bugs lurking around.

cheers!!!

heapsreal

Hi,

I have been off cycloferon now since January and started back on cyclo tablets 1 or 2 weeks ago, to be honest i dont feel much from the tablets, but yesterday recieved my order of injectable cycloferon. Its only been 24hours but i feel alot better for it already, like i have mentioned before i think the immediate improvement is from its anti-inflammatory effects against viral induced cytokines etc, long term use it improves nk function, macrophages etc. I dont think its a fluke as i havent felt this well since january, but i will see how i go down the track. I have also dropped back to part time work but to early to tell if its helping as its not even a week yet. Still on famvir and will stay on it as previous experience of going off it has shown my symptoms increase even more.

cheers!!!

Hi,

I have been off cycloferon now since January and started back on cyclo tablets 1 or 2 weeks ago, to be honest i dont feel much from the tablets, but yesterday recieved my order of injectable cycloferon. Its only been 24hours but i feel alot better for it already, like i have mentioned before i think the immediate improvement is from its anti-inflammatory effects against viral induced cytokines etc, long term use it improves nk function, macrophages etc. I dont think its a fluke as i havent felt this well since january, but i will see how i go down the track. I have also dropped back to part time work but to early to tell if its helping as its not even a week yet. Still on famvir and will stay on it as previous experience of going off it has shown my symptoms increase even more.

cheers!!!

Hey heapsreal (and everyone else),

I've been following this thread and reading your comments for a while and I've finally decided to chime in. I really appreciate you sharing your experiences with CFS and the medications you're experimenting with. I have CFS, which was triggered by an EBV infection back in October 2010. This was confirmed about a month ago after receiving lab results from the doc. I've struggled so much with this condition. And obviously, you are clearly aware of the limitations it has on us physically and mentally (so very frustrating!!)

So I ordered cycloferon a while back and took my first dose a few days ago. I'm now on the M/W/F 2 tabs dosage plan. I'm noticing very subtle changes in my level of fatigue. But I'm no where near full recovery. I tried to order the injectable version recently but the online drug store was sold out / out of stock. Can you tell me which online pharmacy would have the injectable cycloferon in stock? I really would like to try that. I have a feeling that would produce measurable results rather quickly. By the way, I'm also taking generic Famvir 250mg 2x a day.

Another thing that worries/bothers me is my baggy eyes, which never seem to go away. They first appeared right after my EBV infection. Do you think that Cyclo would eventually allow my baggy eyes to clear up? I know that is kind of a cosmetic issue more than anything else, but it definitely effects me subconsiously. Do you have any problems with baggy eyes?

Thanks, and looking forward to your reply.

heapsreal

if on tabs make sure u take on an empty stomache in the morning and no food for an hour. http://www.drugspro.org/skin-problems/cycloferon.html cheaper then the first place i ordered from, but delivery is slow. i do think the injections work much better and use them on a mon/thurs schedule. if u have herpes infections like ebv then also look into antivirals like valtrex or famvir, if u have trouble getting these let me know or if to expensive as where i get my av's from maybe cheaper.

cheers!!!

heapsreal

Hi energyoverload,

My main treatments are famvir and cycloferon which have worked well and have been working on correcting some low hormone problems i had which have improved with natural treatments but still needs some tinkering. I was feeling quite good at the end of last year and it showed in my lymphocyte tests which have been the best they have for along time. Cycloferon being an immune modulator like immunovir and is said to need to have breaks from them every so often so in January i stopped cycloferon, actually ran out.

From there i started feeling unwell, at first i thought it may have been all the stuff i was doing to improve my hormones eg cortisol/dhea etc. I also didnt want to start back on cyclo until i had another lymphocyte test to see how it go's when off cyclo. My break from cyclo was longer then i wanted as i didnt get tested again until about mid march. My tests had showed my hormones had improved but my lymphocytes had gone up slightly, cd8 lymphocyte which is linked to the herpes viruses was the main one and has always been above normal anyway but it had jumped up. Also found that my neutrophils had dropped which is a marker of poor immune health. So feeling like crap wasnt my imagination. Work wise i have dropped back to part time to help me recover and to get some sort of a life as my work involves weekend and shift work, the rest of the time was spent lying in bed.

So i have been waiting for my order of cyclo to arrive and it came 3 days ago, within an hour i injected myself with it. The next day i felt better. Same response when i first tried it, so i dont think its a fluke but will keep monitoring it. Theres definately something to this cycloferon, i wish one of the cfs guru's like Klimas or KDM etc could look into as their opinion would be interesting. Many people have PM'd me about cyclo and are trying it, some have said they felt worse at first others are saying its helping, but early days yet, hopefully everyone gets back to me with how there going. This might gives us some indication if it may help alot more people as its alot cheaper then many treatments out there, maybe thats why others are persuing it too??

cheers!!!

Otis

Señor Mumbler
if on tabs make sure u take on an empty stomache in the morning and no food for an hour. http://www.drugspro.org/skin-problems/cycloferon.html cheaper then the first place i ordered from, but delivery is slow. i do think the injections work much better and use them on a mon/thurs schedule. if u have herpes infections like ebv then also look into antivirals like valtrex or famvir, if u have trouble getting these let me know or if to expensive as where i get my av's from maybe cheaper.

cheers!!!

Heaps,

I noticed this is Russian-made. I'm just a little nervous about the notion of injecting myself with a drug made there. I'm probably paranoid: :eek: I take it you're comfortable and haven't had any significant negative side effects?

Otis

heapsreal

I have had no negative effects. It can be abit scary when u see the ampoule with the russian writting on it without any english anywhere, lol. But this drug/supp?? has been used in russia/ukraine since the 1970s. I think we tend to be nervous of non-english countries but we have to remember all the great scientists that have moved to the USA from germany and russia etc after different wars, theres got to be a few that stayed and advanced there countries. I think its an untapped resource, these guys fly people to the moon too.

I found cycloferon info after testing poorly in nk function test. Everything that seem to help nk function was expensive and out of reach, then i stumbled accross cycloferon and it seem to work in similar ways supposedly to other immune enhancers like ampligen, immunovir even GcMAF. I havent used the others to compare but im finding cyclo has been helpful and the periods i have stopped and started seem to confirm to me its helping. I keep thinking is it all in my head, even with antiviral famvir but i go backwards if i stop it but using both famvir and cyclo i start to feel better?????? cause and effect. I suppose Im pushing cyclo for a couple of reason and one is to confirm that if it works for someone else, then its cyclo that is helping me too.

cheers!!!

Hey Heapsreal I ordered the cycloferon injection ampoules a couple days ago. And now I am patiently (actually impatiently) awaiting their arrival. I requested fast shipping so hopefully I will not have to wait long.

I do have one question. Why is it that the injection works for you but the tablets do not? I'm just wondering how much of a difference it would make to inject cycloferon as opposed to taking pills. How would you describe the difference between the two in terms of effectiveness?

Meanwhile, I'm relaxing comfortably on my couch. :sofa: Just wish I had a bit more energy!

heapsreal

I got something out of the tablets but only a small amount. The injections i think work better as they go straight into the system and like many drugs a lower dose is stronger when injected then a higher dose taken orally, this is probably due to oral meds being broken down by the liver first where injections go through the system and then broken down afterwards, also blood levels go higher with injections compared to oral meds. This is just general pharmacology and probably relevant to cycloferon. Also its advised to take pills on an empty stomache so maybe there is some type of absorption difficulties. One way to overcome the oral problem is to increase the dosage, I have read some taking 4 tabs per dose where i only took 2 tabs, which is whats recommended for long term treat of immune defiencies.

It took me about 4 weeks to get my order but thats all the way from the sunny Ukraine to sunny australia, lol.

cheers!!!