• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Stanford: Scientist identify the underlying cause of rheumatoid arthritis

Gingergrrl

I have to admit, I am still not being used to share my thoughts and illness(es) on the forum, but I am very happy that I received such a kind welcome here so far:angel::angel::angel:

It's great to see you posting and you have a lot to contribute :hug:

I brought him some rapamune research, including ones showing people with HIV taking it, and he prescribed it off-label for ME

@ScottTriGuy
That is awesome. I have encountered some medical professionals, that are really offended if you suggest treatments or bring research... I am glad, you have found someone, who works with you in an open-minded and even experimental way.

I have done a bit of research over the weekend into mTOR and sirolismus (rapamune) because it seems to have besides its immunosuppressive and (at least in animals some) longevity promoting effects also a mast cell inhibiting effects, which is pretty interesting because I am suffering from quite severe MCAS. Although I think it would be difficult to get a doctor to prescribe it for me...

It also seems to have an effect (on mast cells) via different ion channels, mostly kalium channels.
@Inara - I hope it is okay, that I tag you here, but I thought it might be interesting for you, too.

https://publikationen.uni-tuebingen.de/xmlui/handle/10900/49719?show=full

It's great to see you posting and you have a lot to contribute :hug:

@Gingergrrl Thank you - that is very kind.:hug:

ScottTriGuy

Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.
Although I think it would be difficult to get a doctor to prescribe it for me...

Not sure where you're located, but I also bought some when I went to Mexico (through a friend that works in the industry there) at a cheaper price than I have to pay at home.