• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sleep question

Live And Let Die

I have found that overall I do better if I only sleep for 5-6 hours a night instead of 8+. The longer I sleep, the worse I am the next day.

Is this the same for everyone else?

Yes, I find that as well. Also the quality of my sleep is better if I sleep those 5-6hrs during a certain time in the day. For instance I get the absolute-best-most refreshing-sleep without using a sleepaid from about 9am-3pm. But yes, if I try sleeping for more than 7-8hrs I experience worse fatigue and joint aches and pains, especially in the hips.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Hi, i have heard of this with others people before. For me i need 8-9 to be able to function. If i only slept 5-6 hours a night i would go downhill pretty fast.

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
Thankfully, I get 10 hours. After getting my hormones all balanced and getting the vit. d, seratonin up etc, I sleep so well now. You heal when you sleep so I need all I can get.
sleeper.jpg