• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Show 'em your mad, Fax the ad!

Lynn

Show em Youre Mad
Fax the Ad
Political action to reach the
Freshman congressman just sworn in.

[FONT=&quot]New Con[/FONT][FONT=&quot]gressmen have settled into office, but they do not realize there is [/FONT][FONT=&quot]a health threat that deserves more government funding. So let's tell them. The previous fax campaign was successful in getting some response from the Congressional aids.

The MCWPA is
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]asking you to fax a copy of the ad (or an article, a research study, or just a letter) to your Congressmen, both new and returning.

For more details of the Fax ‘em Campaign, please visit the following site: http://www.meactingup.org/fax-em.html

Please fax each of your Congressmen at least once before the end of business day Friday, February 4, 2011.

Patients have told us they want more future actions, including a press release through a news wire of the next big study showing biological findings and a public service announcement. In order to do these actions and get more news media coverage, MCWPA needs more funding, about $10,000 more than what we have now.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]By making a donation of a certain amount now, you can have a piece of ME/CFS history and provide the funds for the future actions that will keep ME/CFS in the news. Go here to see the details: http://apps.facebook.com/causes/posts/636669?m=5e20ae23

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Show 'em your mad, Fax the ad! [/FONT]

Lynn

Attachments

• Show 'em-slogan.jpg
    Show 'em-slogan.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 29

Lynn

Here is the info on the website.

Show-em-slogan.jpg

Background

On Monday December 6th the Washington Post published the first-ever informational ad on ME/CFS with emphasis on the new retroviral findings. The world watched while one million patients (in the US alone) refused to stay silent for one second longer.
Now is your chance to help further the patient-led fight to demand our dignity and assert our rights to equal funding and research.
Let's use the power of this ad.

We ask all those affected by ME/CFS to once again send the ad and the brief message below to their Congressmen and Senators. Fax is preferred for maximum impact, however email is OK too.
1. Find your Congressmen and Senator fax numbers and email addresses:
Go to http://www.congressmerge.com/onlinedb/. Scroll down to the map of the US and follow the directions on the left side of the page to find contact information for your congressional representatives.
2. Fax the Ad with a Message:
We're going to make this really easy! We've provided a sample letter (which you can modify as much as you want) which includes the full Washington Post page as seen at the right.
Right click and save this sample letter to your computer. This document format (DOC) is usable with MS Word and OpenOffice. If you don't have MS Word, OpenOffice is a great free set applications including word processing and spreadsheets and is available for PC, Mac and Liunx. It can be downloaded here.

Open the file you've just saved and add your personal information plus that of the recipient and save again to your computer and remember this location.

full-page.jpg

Suggested Message: (Included in the sample letter)

Did you know a new HIV-like virus has been found in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) patients as well as blood donors? ME/CFS patients like me paid for a Washington Post ad alerting people like you about this health crisis. Please take a look. I've attached it to this fax! It was on page A12 of the December 6th issue of the Post and can also be found here: http://mcwpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Virus-Ad-for-Web1.pdf
Why did the CDC fail to find this viral link to ME/CFS when outbreaks were reported to them 25 years ago?
What are YOU doing to ensure our federal health agencies are using their resources to fund and thoroughly investigate the infectious agents found in ME/CFS patients like me?
Step by step directions for using Faxorama:

a) Go to www.faxorama.com.
b) Fill in the Sender and Receiver information. This will be used to populate the cover page so there is no need to create one.
c) Click on "browse" next to the Attachment #1 window. Find and select the completed letter you stored on your hard drive.
d) Copy the confirmation code and click on "Send free fax now". You should receive a confirmation email when your fax is sent.
e) Repeat the process for the next recipient. Note that you can only two free faxes a day so you'll have to wait a day to get faxes to all three of your elected officials

Discuss your thoughts and ideas about this fax campaign with other patients.

Go to http://forum.mcwpa.org/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=182

This action is brought to you by the Advocates at meActingUp.org.

muffin

Show 'em You're Mad, Fax the Ad - The Washington Post AD from MCWPA

Show 'em You're Mad, Fax the Ad
ME/CFS Worldwide Patient Alliance (MCWPA)

Posted by Tina Marie Miller Tidmore on 31 January 2011

New Congressmen have settled into office, but they do not realize there is a health threat that deserves more government funding. So let's tell them. The previous fax campaign was successful in getting some response from the Congressional aids. So, we're asking you to fax a copy of the ad to your Congressmen, both new and returning.For more details of the Fax ‘em Campaign, please visit the following site: http://www.meactingup.org/fax-em.html

We ask you fax each of your Congressmen at least once before the end of business day Friday, February 4, 2011.

Patients have told us they want more future actions, including a press release through a news wire of the next big study showing biological findings and a public service announcement. In order to do these actions and get more news media coverage, MCWPA needs more funding, about $10,000 more than what we have now. By making a donation of a certain amount now, you can have a piece of ME/CFS history and provide the funds for the future actions that will keep ME/CFS in the news. Go here to see the details: http://apps.facebook.com/causes/posts...

Show 'em you're mad, Fax the ad! MCWPA Team

http://mcwpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Dec.-6-WP-Page-12-Ad.pdf

Otis

Señor Mumbler
Thanks for posting muffin.

Because there has been some confusion elsewhere, I wanted to say that meActingUp.org is an independent site, and not part of MCWPA, that I started for advocacy efforts and information that will grow over time. We launched with a page for the Show 'em You're Mad Fax The Ad campaign in collaboration with the MCWPA.

There are some good ideas floating around here and I'm going to be seeking ideas for meActingUp.org but want to leave this thread for discussion on Show 'em You're Mad Fax The Ad.

justinreilly

Thanks for starting your activism site/ org!! we need all the bold activism we can manage.

i will fax my congressmen. me is acting up! (can me haz cheezburger for activism?)

Otis

Señor Mumbler
Thanks for starting your activism site/ org!! we need all the bold activism we can manage.

i will fax my congressmen. me is acting up! (can me haz cheezburger for activism?)

so long az me can payz yuz tuezday 4 dat cheezburger today.

muffin

FAX the Washington Post AD - Follow Lynn's Instructions Please

Sorry - rushing to post all over.

Thanks Lynn for coming in behind me and putting the directions on this board.

Sorry If I called this a MCWPA project, I'm a little rushed right now and not thnking correctly.

PLEASE FAX THE WASHINGTON POST AD TO YOUR CONGRESS PEOPLE!!!!

muffin

meActingUp.org SORRY OTIS! GREAT JOB ON THE WEBSITE! THANKS AND AGAIN, SORRY I MESSED UP!

FAX THE WASHINGTON POST AD!