• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Seeking information on long-term outcomes with Dr. Kaufman

Gingergrrl

@jeff_w I saw those posts last night and wanted to reply b/c I knew that you had found Dr. Bolognese and Dr. K did not refer you to him. But I decided to stay quiet and wait for you to reply. But I agree that the inaccurate statements should be deleted.

Gingergrrl

His new practice (Dr. Kaufman and Dr. Chheda) is called "Center for Complex Diseases" and the office ph# is (650) 447-3001. I do know if I can give out his email without consent but if you call, you can ask them.

Pink

I don't think my cfs is viral based, does it still make sense for me to try to travel and see Dr kaufman/chedda? (I think that mine is more my body crashing after years of being in flight/crisis mode due to various other illnesses)

StarChild56

@Pink - I personally think that you should still see Dr. Kaufman/Chhedda. Dr. Kaufman looks for and treats whatever is causing your illnesses/symptoms. He is treating me not just with antivirals (I do have IGM viral stuff), he is considering antibiotics (there is good reason, in my case - but he is also waiting for another lab test) - he treats my MCAS, POTS, he treated me for SIBO...so imo, he is the best because he will find out the things affecting you (and keep trying). He is not just set on any particular treatment. He is truly amazing. I feel like he saved my life.

StarChild56

@Pink - sorry did not see your question.

No, he does not take insurance but they give you a Superbill you can try to bill your insurance (I am in the process with mine, he is out of network but they do cover some of out of network).

I don't know if he is accepting new patients (or the other doc) and I do not know if they keep a waitlist but if I recall correctly from past posts, they may not keep a waitlist.

But I was told they weren't taking patients and then shortly after I called, and he was taking them again so if it were me, I'd call and just keep calling regularly to see if it changes.

Gingergrrl

He is truly amazing. I feel like he saved my life.

I feel the same.

But I was told they weren't taking patients and then shortly after I called, and he was taking them again so if it were me, I'd call and just keep calling regularly to see if it changes.

It seems like their status changes re: taking new patients so I agree that it is worth it to call regularly and check.

perrier

I don't know how to phrase this delicately.

Can anyone let me know if severely ill patients, (bed bound) have been helped by Dr. Kaufman.

And what meds does he use?

He is clearly an experience physician, having worked with AIDS.

I'm utterly discouraged by the fact that there isn't even symptom relief for those acute affected: the flu feeling, the toxic feeling, the malaise. We go to the moon, to outer space, build AI, and we cannot deal with flu feeling in the 21st century.

pibee

He individualized diagnosis and treatment for each patient.

Treatments I know he uses include IV immunoglobulins, Rituximab, antivirals, antiretrovirals, antibiotics, MCAS meds, POTS meds, vitamins, and amino acids.

Do you perhaps know when he uses antiretrovirals? In which cases/infections?

perrier

He individualized diagnosis and treatment for each patient.

Treatments I know he uses include IV immunoglobulins, Rituximab, antivirals, antiretrovirals, antibiotics, MCAS meds, POTS meds, vitamins, and amino acids.

He is excellent at ordering various diagnostic tests, including labs, cultures, imaging, etc.
Thanks Learner, for this helpful info.

I'm also wondering if some really really sick folks have seen Dr Kaufman, folks who were bed bound all the time.