• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

SCIG vs IVIG For Autoimmunity

crypt0cu1t

IG: @crypt0cu1t
Is it at all possible for IVIG to work when SCIG doesn’t? I’ve heard that with For autoimmune neurological disease, you need a high dose burst of IVIG to shock the immune system whereas SCIG is more stable.

does anyone have a reason why SCIG may not be working for me? I need some hope here. I’ve been living with this AE relapse for 10 months now.

Gingergrrl

I'm bumping this so more people will see it and hopefully reply.

Even though I've never done SCIG, I researched it in detail prior to the 2-years that I did high dose IVIG. My guess from what you have described is that SCIG is just not able to provide a high enough autoimmune dose for you (like IVIG did). Although SCIG should be easier to tolerate re: side effects and other adverse events. What does your doctor say?