• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

science media advisory panel Wessely on it

joyscobby

Do not know if this has been posted

science advisory panel
Our science advisory panel is a prestigious group of scientists widely acknowledged as being at the top of their field, and who are committed to communicating science in the media. Their job is to advise the SMC when their area of science hits the headlines.

includes
Professor Simon Wessely
Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College, London

http://www.sciencemediacentre.org/pages/about/sap.htm

CBS

It really does look like the NHS is' going all in' on the psychiatric view of CFS (while at the same time Peter White tries to explain ME out of existence).

Our friends with CFS/ME in the UK really do need our support.

All the more reason for groups like the CAA to take a strong stand on issues such as replacing the outmoded and poorly conceived advice that doctors are given in their educational materials with the most to update, clearly conveyed, and research supported knowledge.

I know that Dr. Vernon appreciates and is working hard towards using clearly defined and consistent research methodology and cohort definitions. I would suggest that as we keep reminding advocacy groups like the CAA of the significant impact their every word can have upon our daily interactions with providers, we do so with a good measure of civility and appreciation for what they are trying to do today. The removal of Reeves (brought about by whatever forces) was a good start - one that will clear the way for change based upon even more irrefutable evidence, if we capitalize upon it.

Shane

dipic

Sure would be a shame if he had a major stroke or heart attack... not that it would be an easy natural solution to a major problem... or that I would ever even wish that on him or anything... nope... :innocent1:

flybro

Sure would be a shame if he had a major stroke or heart attack... not that it would be an easy natural solution to a major problem... or that I would ever even wish that on him or anything... nope... :innocent1:

I'll take that thought and raise it, amplify it with the passion of ten thousand souls 'a suffering', and direct it with the power of 'zero point' and the accuracy of robin hood.

ahhhh that feels better.

V99

If he is so sure about there being no XMRV in the UK, he wont mind a blood transfusion from one of those already diagnosed.