• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Scary headrushes and dizzy spells

frozenborderline

Does anyone get head rushes that are disorienting and scary with this illness. ? Almost like a hot flash or something? Its different from normal pots stuff in my experience... that's why I ask

Orthostatic intolerance feels very characteristic to me , and what I'm describing is sort of new and separate from orthostatic intolerance, a different kind of dizziness that feels unfamiliar, quickly comes on, with rushes of confusion.

I've had something like it that was resolved by traction (I have cci), but I haven't tried traction or inversion yet for this.

I've had both neuroimaging and imaging of my veins as recently as a few months ago, that was very thorough, when I had a similar spell, and it didnt turn anythi ng up. They were worried I had a TIA though. Really hoping that's not the case.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I used to get something that I called "spiral down" whenever I turned to lay on my right side. I do wonder if it had something to do with my heart.

It sounds sort of similar to what you are describing. It almost felt like what little strength I had was spiraling down or being sucked out of me so to speak. I always turned back over quickly because it felt like I was going to black out or something if I didn't.

It went away when I went off the DHEA, Iodine and some of the thyroid medications I had been on for years.

I think these medications/supplements were just too much for my system but my doctor at the time kept insisting I needed them and would be on them the rest of my life even though they weren't doing anything to help with the ME/CFS.

I didn't expect that spiral down feeling to go away when I went off them. I just realized months later that I wasn't getting it anymore. It was very scary so I'm glad it went away.

Anyway, all that to say, perhaps you could see if anything you are on is maybe rev-ving your heart or your metabolism up too much.

Of course, it could just be the progression of the disease. I know that someone mentioned adrenal spikes. I don't get those anymore either nor the daily hypoglycemia incidents either.

Hope you can find what's causing yours and remedy it.