• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rituxan, 10 weeks in and no major changes yet

What Rituxan is doing for me seems very strange. In the 1st month after infusion I start to feel better, maybe a 30% cut in sensitivity to allergies. Then after that month it slowly stops working until the end of the 2nd month I quickly get worse. As of now Im scheduled to get infusions every 2 months for I believe the next 6 months.
Rats! I have to say I felt better after my second infusion (late November), then was having a lot more pain and whatnot in February. So, it could have been a return of B cells (don't know yet until my labs come in from last week, just before my 3rd round of Rituxan). I also have been doing a lot more than I was in the past, so it's hard to tell...

Gingergrrl

What Rituxan is doing for me seems very strange. In the 1st month after infusion I start to feel better, maybe a 30% cut in sensitivity to allergies. Then after that month it slowly stops working until the end of the 2nd month I quickly get worse. As of now Im scheduled to get infusions every 2 months for I believe the next 6 months.

That is so interesting and also so different than my experience. What does your doctor think of this pattern? I'm going to reply in your other thread soon, too.

Yes, I want to hear how you're doing!!

For sure and I plan to eventually catch up on e-mails! I don't think you had started the Ritux the last time I talked to you?

Rats! I have to say I felt better after my second infusion (late November), then was having a lot more pain and whatnot in February. So, it could have been a return of B cells (don't know yet until my labs come in from last week, just before my 3rd round of Rituxan). I also have been doing a lot more than I was in the past, so it's hard to tell...

What is the interval between your infusions? Did you have the second in Nov and then third in Feb (or March)? I might be misunderstanding. Normally I don't think the B-cells would grow back within that short of an interval but maybe they can? I will be testing mine around the end of March or early April with the plan to do my 2nd maintenance infusion (which will be #8 total) in the first week of May. I am still waiting for 100% confirmation from my infusion center that they do not need a Prior Auth from my new insurance and there has been some confusion re: this issue.