• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Richs L-cystine suggestion

Rich v K suggested using L-cystine (not cysteine) to avoid a initial further drop in gluthatione while starting methylation (exdotoxicity symptoms). Have anyone found that helpful? And do anyone have any idea on where do buy L-cystine? I´m just finding L-cysteine, not cystine.

ljimbo423

Rich v K suggested using L-cystine (not cysteine) to avoid a initial further drop in gluthatione while starting methylation (exdotoxicity symptoms). Have anyone found that helpful? And do anyone have any idea on where do buy L-cystine? I´m just finding L-cysteine, not cystine.

L-cystine is found in cold processed whey protein powder. I have used it and it seemed to help but there are also immunoglobulins in it too which can often be helpful.

Thanks Ijimbo423. You didn’t have any problem regarding whey/gluthatione issues?

Rich recommended about 500-1500 mg cystine. Do you know how much that would equal in the whey powder?

ljimbo423

Thanks Ijimbo423. You didn’t have any problem regarding whey/gluthatione issues?

I didn't have any issues from the whey powder but I did increase it slowly.

Rich recommended about 500-1500 mg cystine. Do you know how much that would equal in the whey powder?

I think it would take a lot of whey powder to get that amount of L-cystine. I think there's only about 200-300 mg L-cystine per 20-25 grams.

L-cystine from whey is much better absorbed than L-cysteine. Which is only absorbed at about 4% at best. Also, there are 2 molecules of L-cyteine that make up 1 molecule of L-cystine. Which makes L-cystine many times stronger than L-cysteine.

I just found this L-cystine, which seems very reasonably priced. I'm pretty sure it's 100 gms.