• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

rest,rest,rest!?

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Thanks everyone for your input -it is so appreciated.
Lots of wors of wisdom and encouragement from everyone. Taking regular rests in the day does seem to be helping more and also accepting i was probably pushing it too much before and making myself feel more ill. I am learning more about what my body does and doent want - unortuantely its not in agreement with my brain!
Fighting the depression caused by sitting on your own all day is hard. as long as i keep listening to my body i seem to be ok. Not improving but able to do small tasks without feeling like i am going to expire. and that is a definate improvement. I am looking for more improvement/stability before i satrt t increase more such as going out for longer etc.
O

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
sorry i posted before i had finished.
Sick of cfs- i have to say i agree with you about the not saying what the heck and pushing it. I have tried just doing what i feel like, and always end up doing more, especially going out, and feeling much worse. During this relapse -which has lasted 2 years so far i have been in that continously ill and dead place. I am beginning to come out of that a bit now and it seems to be due to resting more. I still have a massive problem with upping the amount i do as soon as i feel a little bit better. Some days now, even though i caqnt do more, i feel more normal just at rest.
Thank you also for sharing your experiences with me. One of the problems i have is that i have to get up at 7 am to get the kids to the school bus, and i am never ready to get up. I always sleep longer on the weekends when there is no alarm. Like you i also sleep evry afternoon now. I dont believe that daytime sleeping is bad for M.E sufferers. After all i am just going for a sleep, not spending all day sleeping!

I decided to add in 5 minutes of yoga stretches a day, which has helped with my stiffness, and it seems i can tolerate it at that level for now.
Anyone got any ideas why i feel better now i am taking more vitamin C? i take it in 2 doses.