• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Response from Dr Klimas

girlinthesnow

Sicker and sicker, just all 'jangly', exhausted with bad headaches. I have no idea why.Has anyone else had a bad reaction to high dose Omega 3 and B12?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I get headaches with various supplements. Were the headaches bad before you started taking the new stuff? Is the Omega 3 made from the purest form of oil? Is the B12 cyno or methyl? different ones have different effects and I believe B12 can be a detoxer, so it may be herx. I sometimes have to stop taking everything and start again very slowly, but I'm very intolerant to a lot of things and like others on here have cupboards full of hardly used supplements. Hope you can get to the bottom of it.

aquariusgirl

B12 can push detox.. that's the yasko line... although I would be surprised if it did it on its own, without folate, UNLESS you're taking methylcobalamin.

If it's detox, think binders, binders, binders... pectasol, activated charcoal.. I also use EDTA Complex and OSR1.. but they're chelators... and in some camps that's controversial.

Basically if you're mobilising toxins.. you wanna bind them so they exit the body without being reabsorbed or causing more damage.

alice1

Hi girlinthesnow,
Perhaps you should stop all of it wait a few day to see how you feel then do one at a time slowly so you can figure out who's the culprit.
All the best with it..
Al