• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Resource Base for "Working"

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Websites

• CiCoach: The Resource For Professionals With Chronic Illness - Rosalind Joffe's experience with two autoimmune diseases prompted her to devote her career to assisting people with chronic illnesses be successful in the workplace. The CiCoach website provides a newsletter, coaching opportunities, a very active blog "Working With Chronic Illness - Thoughts on Navigating Your Career", her book, more resources, etc.
  • Financial Medicine For the Chronically Ill - Christina Gombar, former financial services executive, now ME/CFS patient and writer, exposes the dark underbelly of the financial/medical system with regards to the chronically ill in her blog.
  • Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness - Jennifer Jaff, a lawyer with Crohn’s disease, founded a nonprofit organization to help chronically ill people with work/disability issues.
  • Social Security Administration ‘Ticket to Work Program’ - designed to enable people receiving Social Security disability to continue working.
  • Amendment to encourage employers to accommodate people with the kind of multiple, cyclical and unpredictable disabilities typical of autoimmune disorders (and ME/CFS)

Books

Articles

Got More Resources? E-mail me at 512mailbox@gmail.com

Jody

LOL

Hmmm. Do I hear a light veiled hint? (ok, there's no veil)

I'd love to be able to step up, but at this point I am at the starting gate of looking for work myself. :) My one writing gig looks like it has come to an end and I am back to square one.

Once I get some work, though ... who knows ...

Thank you for sharing these resources. I have had ME/CFS, fibromyalgia, and multiple chemical sensitivities for over 4 years now. I am just dipping my toe into the part-time work (remote mostly, editing, writing, and social media). It is a struggle and found that I get more symptoms (or more susceptible to catching a bug here and there) because of the work. I am interested in learning about other ways to bring in income while managing a chronic illness like ME/CFS. What other passive sources of income have other patients developed?