• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Remission - finally something to tell you <3

ChookityPop

Does my negative IgG and IgM in 2018 rule out toxo as the cause of my illness before 2018? I tested positive in 2021 with positive IgM. Or is it possible to have both IgG and IgM negative and still have it?

Aidan Walsh

The tests are not reliable some are Negatives some are positives, he has a symptom list he treats he does not longer rely on testing so he goes with his symptoms checklist he has patients tick off. The test he said will not always show up. So IGM or IGG can be either ways...I tested Neg IGM IGG but showed a little IGG only

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
My brain can only handle the top portion of this article but it says that the Bradyzoite form can persist and that current treatments are not effective against it. :(

This comment also made me sad because we get this a lot with ME too:
"Yet, despite its critical role in the pathology, the bradyzoite stage is relatively understudied.
"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7157559/

Aidan Walsh

I found something yesterday, a Woman found out she had Metal Nickel Allergy with Soya also found she had silver fillings that had Soya Silver as a filler also her white filling had Soya contents as well had all removed then put Pocelein ones in from the dentist, she is on lowest Nickel diet & eliminated all Soya foods as well her Brain fog is gone now & getting better overall

Judee

A drug in development that is supposed to be helpful against both forms of Toxoplasmosis: https://www.uchicagomedicine.org/fo...arasites-that-cause-toxoplasmosis-and-malaria

"Teams from The University of Strathclyde and UChicago found that their compound eliminated 100 percent of the active form and more than 95 percent of the previously untreatable encysted Toxoplasma parasites in mice. They also found another compound that improves efficacy of JAG21."

A possible biomarker for testing for persistent [cyst forms] infections:
https://bmcbiol.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12915-021-00959-9

A brain cyst load-associated antigen is a Toxoplasma gondii biomarker for serodetection of persistent parasites and chronic infection

"We brought proof of principle that anti-BCLA/MAG2 antibodies serve as specific and sensitive serological markers in the perspective of a combinatorial strategy for detection of persistent T. gondii parasitism."

Aidan Walsh

This is very interesting and I will definitely elaborate on that - thanks a lot!!

I am definitely going to be cautious and I am well aware of the massive gift I received. I would not want to risk anything at all, even if the treatment with antibiotics for such a long time itself might be highly risky.
There is a team in Louisiana, New Orleans that Published in April saying the cause is folic acid folate a genetic defect found they now use 5-Methyltatrahydrofolate once daily the genes involved are C677T & A1298C. I did a complete Google search on the A1298C gene it says no Gluten no Sugar they put folic acid in all Gluten foods it says to avoid this food. Where have you been we never hear from you anymore. Folic Acid is also in countless vitamins/minerals & a bad long list of medicine to avoid 2 are aspirin & ibuprofen. @Judee as well

Last edited:

Judee

@Judee as well

The Azithromycin helped some but the Clindamycin didn't do anything for me. I think I tried this treatment for over 2 months...maybe close to 3 and the doctor the OP mentioned (Dr Uwe Auf der Straße) said if the Clindamycin doesn't work after several weeks (can't remember how many he said), then it probably isn't going to work for that person. :(

I still think it's a good thread. It sounds like the OP recovered enough to return to normal life and reading the doctor's files, it does sound like this could help some even who have been ill for a very long time. :)

Aidan Walsh

The Azithromycin helped some but the Clindamycin didn't do anything for me. I think I tried this treatment for over 2 months...maybe close to 3 and the doctor the OP mentioned (Dr Uwe Auf der Straße) said if the Clindamycin doesn't work after several weeks (can't remember how many he said), then it probably isn't going to work for that person. :(

I still think it's a good thread. It sounds like the OP recovered enough to return to normal life and reading the doctor's files, it does sound like this could help some even who have been ill for a very long time. :)
That was why the Doctor had said if the Clindamycin did not work to cycle through the other antibiotics & continue on them x x

I found that the paper published on folic acid was very interesting because folate folic acid B9 plays also a role in iron/anemia, maybe these people all have anemia from these genes now found A1298C & C677T. The author did say it would help Millions & their work is far enough along that they know already they used it on hypermobility EDS patients.

Countless with ME/CFS have EDS I believe it is the same illness. I am on once a day 5-Methyltetrahydrofolate & stopped all vitamins/minerals folic acid & gluten fortified & Sugar.

I find it odd the German Toxo Doc mentioned anemia from the parasite, it likely is the gene issues just found the standard folic acid not reaching the cells. They call this a B-9 deficiency now corrected with the 5-MethylTHF I am taking a product called Active Folic which is 5-Methylfolate

Judee

That was why the Doctor had said if the Clindamycin did not work to cycle through the other antibiotics & continue on them x x
I did. I was using one or two others he mentioned as well on rotation.

Even the other meds he prescribes which was a bad choice because I should have waited to see if the abx would work first as he advises.