• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

REMINDER Web presentation today - Dr. Leonard Jason

MEKoan

I registered but did not receive a confirmation email, as promised. Also, the link I was provided disappeared, repeatedly, as the page automatically navigated to CAA.

So, I don't know if my registration went through, or not...

Also, on the CAA site they say it begins at 2 pm but they do not specify the time zone. You say it will begin less that three hours after 12:30. So, as you can imagine, I'm super confused.

And, yes, I know, I'm almost always super confused

;)

pollycbr125

i registered this afternoon and got the confirmation email plus a reminder later on koan so maybe check your junk or spam folders

CJB

I just registered this morning, and here's the confirmation:

Dear CJ,
Thank you for registering for:
Defining CFS: Diagnostic Criteria and Case Definitions
Wednesday, April 14, 2010 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM EDT

it's approaching 10:15am here on the West Coast, so I'm expecting it to start in just about 2 hours.

I won't know for sure until it begins - I've gotten it wrong before.

Koan, you need a link with a special id number to join the webcase, so I'd definitely try to register again.

Jerry S

I just registered this morning, and here's the confirmation:

Dear CJ,
Thank you for registering for:
Defining CFS: Diagnostic Criteria and Case Definitions
Wednesday, April 14, 2010 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM EDT

it's approaching 10:15am here on the West Coast, so I'm expecting it to start in just about 2 hours.

I won't know for sure until it begins - I've gotten it wrong before.

Koan, you need a link with a special id number to join the webcase, so I'd definitely try to register again.

The Webinar will be starting at 2:00 EDT - about 45 minutes from now - as I read it.

I have my registration number and will be watching. Leonard Jason is a local guy, from Depaul University about a mile from me.

MEKoan

Oh dear! Now what have I done?!

I went back to register again and ending up downloading Go to Meeting and now I appear to be waiting for it to begin as though I'm a participant!!! Tell me that's not so!

:eek:

Ok, wait...

Just got the email which says 2pm Eastern Daylight time. :ashamed: Am I not in EDT? Isn't that in 40 minutes? I'm so confused!

I'm going to post and then try to find my way back to this post (wish me luck on that one!) when I've sorted out the time thing.

:tongue:

MEKoan

Oh, Jerry, you and I are in the same time zone (or warp) which is reassuring!

30 min!

Probably

CJB

LOL -- it ENDS at 3:15. Thanks everyone. That's why I posted. This has happened before.

Jerry S

Oh dear! Now what have I done?!

I went back to register again and ending up downloading Go to Meeting and now I appear to be waiting for it to begin as though I'm a participant!!! Tell me that's not so!

:eek:

Ok, wait...

Just got the email which says 2pm Eastern Daylight time. :ashamed: Am I not in EDT? Isn't that in 40 minutes? I'm so confused!

I'm going to post and then try to find my way back to this post (wish me luck on that one!) when I've sorted out the time thing.

:tongue:

I wish you luck, Koan! I think you got the time thing right, in any case. :Sign Peace:

K

_Kim_

CJ,

Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten all about this one.

MEKoan

I had assumed that Kim McCleary and Dr Jason would be on their computer cameras. Should I be able to see them?

Lily

*Believe*
I am having a difficult time finding any thing funny since I am in a bad crash at the moment, but this thread is pretty darn funny to me. It should be preserved as proof of our cognitive disability.

leelaplay

I am having a difficult time finding any thing funny since I am in a bad crash at the moment, but this thread is pretty darn funny to me. It should be preserved as proof of our cognitive disability.

thanks lily :D:tear::D:Retro smile:

CBS

92.6% of CDC sample does not have ME/CFS!

That was as cogent a description of the problems with the CDC definitions as I have ever heard. I wish they'd summarize it - especially the slide about how in a low prevalence disorder, 95% selectivity and 95% specificity leads to a sample with 5000 of 5399 misclassified subjects - 92.6% of your sample (yes Bill Reeves, your sample) does not have ME/CFS!