• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

recovering from anesthetic set-back?

searcher

I had been doing pretty well on Freddd's protocol until a month ago when I had anesthetic for a colonoscopy/endoscopy. I had been following the protocol since August. Before the procedure my energy levels were at 70-80%, although my digestion continued to be a mess. Since the procedure my energy levels have been back to ~30% and nothing I am doing is helping. I am guessing the problem is recovering from the anesthetic, although I can't be sure. The dehydration from the prep couldn't have been good either.
I am trying to follow the protocol very carefully, so was wondering if anyone has any ideas/experience with this?

Thanks!
Sarah

George

waitin' fer rabbits
Wow, that sucks. I don't have any advice to offer since I'm only running at 40 in the first place. Just really really really take super good care of yourself, drink, drink, drink and rest, rest, rest. One thing I've noticed is that everything is slower in the recovery area of this illness. It takes longer to heal everything from a cut to cold.

Hope things work out for you.
George