• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Recommendations For Adjustable Beds?

I can't lay down flat due to acid reflux and experience back pain due to weird angle being propped by pillow all day.

Thinking it might be best to invest into an adjustable remote controlled bed for improved comfort and structural health.

Does anyone else use one of these types of beds and if so any recommendations?

Seven7

Seven
I have one but I forgot the name, the only thing I can tell you if you have somebody else in the bed, I did not like the split mattres on top because we ended up both rolling into the hard edges, we ended up having to change it to a split base but one matress on top.

lenora

gbells......Thanks for your recommendation about the Sleep Number bed. May I ask you why you're referring it? I'm in the market for a new bed, am really in no position to try different mattresses and my husband and I don't like sleeping in twin beds (make a king). This sound perfect....except for the foam and what is called gassing off (the smell of the chemicals in the foam). What can you tell me about this?

I like the idea of everything about this bed....is it like a full-scale king mattress across the top? I don't understand how the top and bottom separately raise & if you have an answer that it would be helpful. I tried to call the phone no. in the ad, but it was rather useless. Well, it was useless.

If you can answer these questions, that's great; if you can't, please just let me know & I'll keep trying to find them. I wonder how protected one is in the days of coronavirus? We did send one mattress back because it was horribly uncomfortable and had fabric everywhere.

I noticed that this also has free returns. Great!! I don't mind keeping it in the garage, uncovered if it does smell a lot better in 3-4 wks. I just can't have it if it still smells 6 mos. or a whole lot less later.

Take good care and thanks. Yours, Lenora

lenora

Hi gbells....I just wanted to say that we did connect with a salesman and my husband has decided this particular bed would be all wrong for us.

Thanks for taking the time to write about it, I hope you didn't spend more on any explanation and I thank you again for realizing how important it is to people like us.

Take care. Yours, Lenora.