• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Reasons for CDC deplorable conduct

usedtobeperkytina

A lot of people got caught up in a lot of other issues raised in Osler's Web, but my understanding was that she was making this very point: a change since blood tests started so that the art of diagnosing from questions, exams and reasoning has become almost lost.

Tina

RustyJ

Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'
A different classifying of XMRV + was going to happen no matter the latest CDC developments. They are not leading this. WPI knew there would be a new name, so they made one: XAND.

I think so too. I also think there is more to be gained by looking at the positives, rather than focussing on the negatives, which everyone, including me, is doing at the moment.

C

Cloud

The practice of medicine is an art, not a trade; a calling, not a business; a calling in which your heart will be exercised equally with your head.

Sir William Osler

Stone

Personally, I would like to see the CDC in court.
Exactly my point Now what would they be charged with? Unfortunately stupidity is still legal in most states, so what legal offense would the powers that be charge them with if charges were to be brought? And what would be their defense? All hypothetically speaking, of course, just for the sake of discussion.

SOC

The practice of medicine is an art, not a trade; a calling, not a business; a calling in which your heart will be exercised equally with your head.

Sir William Osler

Hah! Tell my former PCP that. He wants to work like a technician, be paid like a sports star, and think he's a scientist. He's none of them, of course.

judderwocky

Ooooh! I'm quite liking this one!

I'm a very graphical/visual person and many ideas stick in my head as visual snapshots rather than collections of words. There's something wonderfully satifying about malevolent forces from a spiritual plane wreaking ME/CFS havoc and sowing ME/CFS misery in the world.!

If I could either write or draw, I would have such fun with this

unfortunately i think this just mitigates the responsibility of the humans involved.

i would prefer that humans are solely responsible.... it makes things simpler.

SOC

unfortunately i think this just mitigates the responsibility of the humans involved.

Well, yeah.... but not nearly as much fun. ;)

Sadly, this whole CDC mess is about normal, boring selfish people being boringly selfish. And we do have to deal with that reality.

But while I'm waiting for it to play out, I'm still having a little fun with it, even if it's only in my own lonely head. :D

Stone

My personal opinion is that even if one were under the influence of spirits, one would still be responsible for their actions in the same way that a person is still responsible if they are under the influence of the liquid-type spirits and break the law. Why do you think they call it 'spirits'?