• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Readability - web tool

blackbird

caged.
I've mentioned this before I think, but only in connection with specif articles linked to by others.

It's a little add-on that turns web pages into something that looks more like a word processor document.

http://lab.arc90.com/experiments/readability/

You may need to adjust which toolbars you can see on your browser to allow you to add it.

With some of the large articles linked to from here, and on the odd occasion the terrible choice of colours on some websites, I've found it makes things much more comfortable at times.

(I think it must go for the biggest chunk of text on a page, so it doesn't always work as you'd like, but still very useful).

blackbird

caged.
No problem.

Forgot to mention, it works on firefox, opera and safari (Windows), but I couldn't get iexplorer to recognise it.
I don't use iexplorer though, so I may be missing something.