• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

raw cannibis as anti-oxidant, anti-inflamatory, anti-cancer

Jarod

J Natl Cancer Inst. 1975 Sep;55(3):597-602.
Antineoplastic activity of cannabinoids.

Munson AE, Harris LS, Friedman MA, Dewey WL, Carchman RA.
Abstract

Lewis lung adenocarcinoma growth was retarded by the oral administration of delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol (delta9-THC), delta8-tetrahydrocannabinol (delta8-THC), and cannabinol (CBN), but not cannabidiol (CBD). Animals treated for 10 consecutive days with delta9-THC, beginning the day after tumor implantation, demonstrated a dose-dependent action of retarded tumor growth. Mice treated for 20 consecutive days with delta8-THC and CBN had reduced primary tumor size. CBD showed no inhibitory effect on tumor growth at 14, 21, or 28 days. Delta9-THC, delta8-THC, and CBN increased the mean survival time (36% at 100 mg/kg, 25% at 200 mg/kg, and 27% at 50 mg/kg, respectively), whereas CBD did not. Delta9-THC administered orally daily until death in doses of 50, 100, or 200 mg/kg did not increase the life-spans of (C57BL/6 times DBA/2)F1 (BDF1) mice hosting the L1210 murine leukemia. However, delta9-THC administered daily for 10 days significantly inhibited Friend leukemia virus-induced splenomegaly by 71% at 200 mg/kg as compared to 90.2% for actinomycin D. Experiments with bone marrow and isolated Lewis lung cells incubated in vitro with delta9-THC and delta8-THC showed a dose-dependent (10(-4)-10(-7)) inhibition (80-20%, respectively) of tritiated thymidine and 14C-uridine uptake into these cells. CBD was active only in high concentrations (10(-4)).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1159836

Jarod

Jarod, I'm very interested in what you figure out about dosage and benefits, and how long a bottle lasts.

I read last night that a smaller dose is stimulating, and a dose in the "hundreds of mgs" is sedative.

Hi Madie and all,

I've been trying the drops for a little while. There is no psychoactive effect at all.

Right in the beginning I started remembering my dreams for the first time in many years. I still think I may be dreaming a little bit because of them.

I also got very sleepy on them right in the beginning. I wouldn't say they are a major sleeping type aid after getting acclamated to them for about 10 days. I mean you can't take them like a sleeping pill for sleep, but they have improved my sleep somehow I think.

One of the big things they do is reduce my excitotoxicity. If I take some in the morning, I can actually tolerate a cup of coffee without getting all wired and messed up from the caffine. This is a really nice benefit.

Other than that, I have been developing a tolerance to the drops. It would be an interesting experiment to take some large doses of this stuff and see what it does, but that is probably cot prohibitive.

The drops are doing something, but not sure what. Probably just act a a nerve calmer? Where I don't feel the wiredness(excitoxcity or oxidative stress) of the caffine.

Maybe the best way to think of it is kind of like a mild klonopin without the side effects or major sedating properties.

I think they might help methylation a bit too somehow....They seem to think they have any unwanted side effects that i can tell this early on in my experiment.

I think the bottle will last about a month if taking two full droppers each day. The stuff is so viscous, it is impossible to fill a dropper. The shelf life is only 6 weeks, so you have to use them or loose them.

I think they rate pretty effective as far as supplements go. Effective meaning one can actually notice the benefit of them working, which is hard for most supplements.

Jarod

Hi people.

I tried the dixie dew drops for a couple months. I would say they had temporary benefit, but there is something going on that just makes things worse long term.

1) Allowed me to drink coffee without getting all wired. Works on the NMDA receptors? That was cool for about a month.

2) longer term I started having ringing in the ears, more head pressure, and stomach issues. Some of that may be do tot he glycerin the tincture is made out of, but I think it is more complicated than that. After stopping I was able to get back to normal.

3) put on a few pounds while taking it.

My general impression is there might be an ingredient(s) in cannibis that is potentially helpful if isolated and studied properly, but I would avoid it for now until the research is done or unless many other people are reporting getting well first.

froufox

Hi Jarod, thanks for updating here...sorry that the initial benefits did not last. I tried a supp recently that contained glycerin and i definitely felt worse on it eg made my candida worse, and I assumed that was down to the glycerin, so it makes sense that that might have contributed to you feeling worse too. As you say perhaps it was more complicated than that in your case. I guess the only way to know for sure would be to try it in a different form but i appreciate its not that straightforward to get hold of.

cheers