• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Radix pseudostellariae - improvements in CFS

godlovesatrier

Hi all,

Just found this https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2011/840516/

Radix pseudostellariae has been show to reduce the symptoms of cfs. Both fatigue and immuno modulation. Mode of operation is probably polysaccharides but herbs are often syngeristic with other constituent parts and I've never heard of this one. I assume it must be part of the mushroom family but I could well be wrong.

IF the anti fatiguing effects are a PEM buffer. And if it's mushroom/due to the polysacharides. Then the result may be the exact same as reishi shitakki maitakki mix. But would need to check phamarcology and perform anecdotal tests with correct dosage.

The source for this was from a tcm article about covid19 herbal routes.

Lisa108

From the study:
The purpose of this study is to examine the effect of the polysaccharide isolated from Radix Pseudostellariae (PRP) on mouse chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) induced by intraperitoneal injection of polyriboinosinic:polyribocytidylic acid (poly I:C), a double-stranded synthetic RNA
[my bolding]

This is most likely a totally different, induced syndrome and the results (since it is a mouse model) are not transferable to humans.

So, may be helpful, but we don't know yet.

ETA: just saw the stick-out-tongue-smiley, I love autocorrect! Seems fitting for a compound with such a long name...

Last edited:

andyguitar

this is a type of ginseng
It's referred to as "Ginseng of the lungs" due to its use as a "Lung tonic". Looks pretty interesting to me as it is also a yin tonic.
This is most likely a totally different, induced syndrome and the results (since it is a mouse model) are not transferable to humans.
So, may be helpful, but we don't know yet
Yes I'd agree with you on that @Lisa108 but as a single herb that might help, it does look like a good thing to try.

Rufous McKinney

Radix pseudostellariae

The chinese herbs have chinese names and western names. The western names are often not the full Latin name of the plant in question. Proper latin names is the accepted nomenclature for describing plants and using common names can lead to: some confusion.

In this case, the term Radix is not the Genus (not the name) but referrring to using the root. So the "name" above is saying - the root of Pseudostellaraieae (which is the Genus name).

At the moment, its not clear to me what species of plant we are actually talking about. (meaning, I'd have to leave now and read more).

Rufous McKinney

I'm fairy sure it's not a ginseng.

Your correct- in that the common term ginseng, can refer to the genus Panax, which are the classic ginseng...and these are members of the Aralia family.

Radix Pseudeostellaria is also ginseng. But its not this genus nor is it this family.

Its valid to call it a type of ginseng, but its not Panax.

Back