• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Race horse-esque urination

Gondwanaland

ACE inhibitors
Would you think that being +/+ ACE Del16 rs4343 can be compared to being on ACE inhibitor? (could it be the cause for my chronic low BP?)
Anyway, taking magnesium definetely reduced my polyuria by at least 80% and reached to 100% by taking S. boulardii and a little bit of vit A.

I have had polyuria at least since 2004 (hadn't slept well for 10 years b/c would have to get up in the middle of the night to urinate and couldn't fall alseep again. After heavily supplementing magnesium for 5-6 weeks (July-August) my daily urination normalized, but every now and then still had to get up in the middle of the night. In september I started taking 10,000 iu of vit A 1x weekly and my last dose was in Nov 3rd when my sleep finally became flawless and urination is not a problem anymore. :sleep:

My conclusion is that I have been having an underlying calcium problem (even w/ some teeth demineralization), besides de clear magnesium deficiency (aggravated by abx). Supplements that worsen my polyuria were garlic pills :)eek:) and taurine.

@MeSci thanks for the links, I will check them out.

dannybex

In september I started taking 10,000 iu of vit A 1x weekly and my last dose was in Nov 3rd when my sleep finally became flawless and urination is not a problem anymore. :sleep:

My conclusion is that I have been having an underlying calcium problem (even w/ some teeth demineralization), besides de clear magnesium deficiency (aggravated by abx). Supplements that worsen my polyuria were garlic pills :)eek:) and taurine.

I would guess that as with everything there's more than one cause for any symptom or illness, but that's interesting that mag and vitamin a helped. And calcium is always underrated in my opinion.

Garlic and taurine have diuretic properties, so that would make sense.