• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Question for vaccinated people: How have you recovered from Omicron?

GlassCannonLife

Hi☺️ I’ve been sick 3 weeks now and still have a fever and very fatigued... feels like it will linger on for a while, but I hope i’ll get better with time! I’m not crashing all the time, some days are a bit better at least:) thanks for asking!

Oh that's good! Glad to hear you're having some progress.

elvira

@GlassCannonLife yes it’s been a week since my bad crash and i’ve been a bit more stable, i hope it stays that way... Very low level though. I tried cumin a couple of days but didn’t really notice a difference when I stopped. But I’ll try some more, feels good doing something😅 So annoying with this fever. I wonder if it is still the active infection or if it is the ME messing with us?

GlassCannonLife

@GlassCannonLife I’m sorry you’re struggling so😢 Have you decided whether to go to the hospital? I really wonder what is happening in our bodies

How high is your fever? I don't have much of one because of all of the pregnenolone and cumin, I think both block.. So no idea what it would be "raw".

The office of the doctor contacted me yesterday and said he's happy to admit me directly, which would be better than going through emergency. I'm still undecided though.. I'm going to try and get lower on the pregnenolone (and use more cumin instead if I have to..) and try and stabilise. I'm just so sensitive to everything, I could barely talk to the lady on the phone for a few minutes before I felt like I was going to crash.. So horrible hey. So it would be good to get tested but I don't want to end up even worse 😭

elvira

How high is your fever? I don't have much of one because of all of the pregnenolone and cumin, I think both block.. So no idea what it would be "raw".

The office of the doctor contacted me yesterday and said he's happy to admit me directly, which would be better than going through emergency. I'm still undecided though.. I'm going to try and get lower on the pregnenolone (and use more cumin instead if I have to..) and try and stabilise. I'm just so sensitive to everything, I could barely talk to the lady on the phone for a few minutes before I felt like I was going to crash.. So horrible hey. So it would be good to get tested but I don't want to end up even worse 😭

It goes up to 38 C maximum, so not too high. 0,5 degrees higher than my usual temp (which already is higher since ME). Just so annoying not knowing if it will pass... I’ve begun LDN also btw, Maybe it can help the immune system in some way.

I completely understand, it would be good to get tested but the exertion of moving to a hospital is scary!

GlassCannonLife

It goes up to 38 C maximum, so not too high. 0,5 degrees higher than my usual temp (which already is higher since ME). Just so annoying not knowing if it will pass... I’ve begun LDN also btw, Maybe it can help the immune system in some way.

I completely understand, it would be good to get tested but the exertion of moving to a hospital is scary!

Ah yeah cool, what dose of ldn? No problems sleeping etc? Did you notice an improvement since starting it?

If it is above 38 for more than 24 h maybe you should go get checked out? Sounds dodgy

Last edited:

elvira

Ah yeah cool, what dose of ldn? No problems sleeping etc? Did you notice an improvement since starting it?

If it is above 38 for more than 24 h maybe you should go get checked out? Sounds dodgy

No not yet! I started with 1/4 of 1,5 mg-pill. Today I’m going up to 1/2. But i think it will take time to see any benefits.

Luckily it only goes to 38 a couple of hours in the evening. During the day it’s more 37,6-37,8.

elvira

I still get days where my throat hurts, it must be a sign that there’s still an active infection... wonder how long time it will take for this poor ME body to fight it🙄

hapl808

For me, a somewhat sore throat is just an intermittent symptom. Nothing to do with COVID, though, as I've had it for years.

elvira

Now my fever is suddenly up to 38,5?? After weeks not going above 38. I’m wondering if it’s the infection getting worse or the LDN activating the immune response. My glands are swollen too🤔 (they usually aren’t, and i usually don’t have a sore throat)

GlassCannonLife

Now my fever is suddenly up to 38,5?? After weeks not going above 38. I’m wondering if it’s the infection getting worse or the LDN activating the immune response. My glands are swollen too🤔 (they usually aren’t, and i usually don’t have a sore throat)

Ah that sucks. This is terrible isn't it. I wonder if you're having EBV reactivation? If the fever holds for a while it might be good to get checked out but always hard to say with crashes and things..

I have been trying to drop my pregnenolone still but it's been so rough. Barely slept last night (520 am atm). I think I might have to go in to the hospital next week..? Don't see any options really.. Can't seem to improve. Not sure if I'm dealing with a type of benzo withdrawal / kindling when I try to drop it? Or just my crash.. So hard to know 😔

elvira

Ah that sucks. This is terrible isn't it. I wonder if you're having EBV reactivation? If the fever holds for a while it might be good to get checked out but always hard to say with crashes and things..

I have been trying to drop my pregnenolone still but it's been so rough. Barely slept last night (520 am atm). I think I might have to go in to the hospital next week..? Don't see any options really.. Can't seem to improve. Not sure if I'm dealing with a type of benzo withdrawal / kindling when I try to drop it? Or just my crash.. So hard to know 😔

Yes it’s true... if the fever stays i’ll contact my doctor to check on EBV. I wish someone would just come home to us and take all the tests and tell us what’s wrong😅

So hard to know what is what in all this misery... Sorry you had a tough night🥺 Here’s a picture of my cat for comfort.

Attachments

• 8BB8CA70-0387-4B07-872D-08FE9065A3E4.jpeg
    8BB8CA70-0387-4B07-872D-08FE9065A3E4.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19

GlassCannonLife

Yes it’s true... if the fever stays i’ll contact my doctor to check on EBV. I wish someone would just come home to us and take all the tests and tell us what’s wrong😅

So hard to know what is what in all this misery... Sorry you had a tough night🥺 Here’s a picture of my cat for comfort.
Beautiful cat!

GlassCannonLife

By the way @elvira, my ivermectin came last night so did a tiny test dose before bed (no issues) and a proper dose this morning. Maybe helping a little bit..? Will see how I go!

Just concerned now about what was posted in the other thread about it just being an anti-inflammatory effect that stops when you stop taking it vs it helping clear resident virus.. Hm why can't anything be easy for us! Lol

Edit: had second dose this arvo. Don't think it's helping at all (yet?) in hindsight. Just took more cumin this morning..

Last edited:

elvira

By the way @elvira, my ivermectin came last night so did a tiny test dose before bed (no issues) and a proper dose this morning. Maybe helping a little bit..? Will see how I go!

Just concerned now about what was posted in the other thread about it just being an anti-inflammatory effect that stops when you stop taking it vs it helping clear resident virus.. Hm why can't anything be easy for us! Lol

Edit: had second dose this arvo. Don't think it's helping at all (yet?) in hindsight. Just took more cumin this morning..

I really hope it will clear some virus... Will you take it for a week like the recover protocol says? Sorry for oversharing but my poop is different since getting sick haha! Thinking of the virus reservoar🙈

Woke up with 38,5 fever... I don’t feel that feverish though, it’s weird. It started right when I upped the LDN dose so i really hope there’s no EBV.

GlassCannonLife

I really hope it will clear some virus... Will you take it for a week like the recover protocol says? Sorry for oversharing but my poop is different since getting sick haha! Thinking of the virus reservoar🙈

Woke up with 38,5 fever... I don’t feel that feverish though, it’s weird. It started right when I upped the LDN dose so i really hope there’s no EBV.

Haha don't mind over share. Different how? Worse?

Damn that's a lot of fever..

elvira

Haha don't mind over share. Different how? Worse?

Damn that's a lot of fever..

No only the smell is different haha😅 It has a very distinctive smell that started right with covid... Weird!

Yes this stupid fever! Notice anything from the Ivermectin yet?

GlassCannonLife

No only the smell is different haha😅 It has a very distinctive smell that started right with covid... Weird!

Yes this stupid fever! Notice anything from the Ivermectin yet?
Ah weird like microbiome changes or something! Mine has also changed but I've been on doxycycline so can't tell if it's that.

I can't tell if the ivermectin is helping at all.. Doing a tiny bit better this morning than yesterday at the same time..? So maybe? If it works as an anti-inflammatory then it seems very minimal compared to the cumin and pregnenolone.. But if it is doing some antiviral stuff it might get more noticeable with more days.

Not sure how long I'll keep taking it, depends on if I go to the hospital or not I guess.

You should check out post covid inflammatory syndrome (can't remember the exact name) and make sure you don't have the symptoms.

It isn't this link https://www.cdc.gov/mis/mis-a.html
But there was one that had like if you have one of these in group and and one of these in group b etc then go get checked out. But it always had fever over 38 for 24+ h as a requirement and I think you match that at least..

Found the criteria! They were on the clinician page here https://www.cdc.gov/mis/mis-a/hcp.html

Sorry messy post but too tired to edit it 😅