• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Question for vaccinated people: How have you recovered from Omicron?

elvira

I just tested positive for Covid, 2 days after my booster... So I only have 2 vaccinations that might help me.

I’m quite unwell, like a flu, but mostly I’m afraid of long covid or my already severe ME getting worse. I would love to hear from others who have caught Omicron and are vaccinated - how long where you sick for and how did you recover? Any ME-crash or worsening?

Thank you!

Howard

suffering ceases when craving is removed
I'm sorry you are ill. I had a rather severe case myself, but that doesn't mean you shall.

I contracted Covid prior to having the booster (Christmas).. and my most concerning symptoms were high fever and pneumonia. I won't go into details, but I likely experienced every symptom, including my GI shutting down for two weeks (hospitalized 12 days).

It's been nearly two months.. and I returned to baseline within one month (really, it was my blood pressure taking several weeks to return to normal range).

Hang in there. It's unlikely your experience be the same as mine.. and likely not as severe.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Howard

GlassCannonLife

I just tested positive for Covid, 2 days after my booster... So I only have 2 vaccinations that might help me.

I’m quite unwell, like a flu, but mostly I’m afraid of long covid or my already severe ME getting worse. I would love to hear from others who have caught Omicron and are vaccinated - how long where you sick for and how did you recover? Any ME-crash or worsening?

Thank you!

Ah that sucks. I've just been through it and it has been hell to be honest.

I was double Pfizer vaxxed and took all of Chris Masterjohn's covid recommendations as well as amantadine (shown to be helpful). The covid symptoms were mild, barely any fever, cough or runny nose, but extreme fatigue and wooziness started by day 2 and only got worse each day. Ended up crashing me the worst I've ever crashed on Saturday. Currently confining myself to bed, extremely weak and unstable still.

Was housebound before (around 20-22 on the CFIDS Scale). Not sure where I'll be on the other side of this crash.. Hopefully the same but yeah only time will tell.

All the best! Do everything you can to rest as much as possible.

Last edited:

elvira

I'm sorry you are ill. I had a rather severe case myself, but that doesn't mean you shall.

I contracted Covid prior to having the booster (Christmas).. and my most concerning symptoms were high fever and pneumonia. I won't go into details, but I likely experienced every symptom, including my GI shutting down for two weeks (hospitalized 12 days).

It's been nearly two months.. and I returned to baseline within one month (really, it was my blood pressure taking several weeks to return to normal range).

Hang in there. It's unlikely your experience be the same as mine.. and likely not as severe.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Howard

Thank you for your answer, I’m sorry you hade such a horrible experience! But you’ve returned to baseline, that’s encouraging☺️

I woke up feeling much better today on day 3, so Maybe I’m lucky with mild effects!

elvira

Ah that sucks. I've just been through it and it has been hell to be honest.

I was double Pfizer vaxxed and took all of Chris Masterjohn's covid recommendations as well as amantadine (shown to be helpful). The covid symptoms were mild, barely and fever, cough or runny nose, but extreme fatigue and wooziness started by day 2 and only got worse each day. Ended up crashing me the worst I've ever crashed on Saturday. Currently confining myself to bed, extremely weak and unstable still.

Was housebound before (around 20-22 on the CFIDS Scale). Not sure where I'll be on the other side of this crash.. Hopefully the same but yeah only time will tell.

All the best! Do everything you can to rest as much as possible.

Oh no how scary!! Sounds horrible! I’m so sorry you are going through that, I hope time and rest will return you to baseline. ♥️

I’m feeling better today covid-wise, so we’ll see how my ME responds... I haven’t followed any protocol but I added quercetin and lots of vit D to my supplements.

BrightCandle

From the ZOE study the average positive result on testing is about 8 days but the long tail goes all the way out to a month, so its a very similar length condition to Delta and the prior Covid infections. Your vaccinations should already halve the chance of long covid and beyond resting your way through this there isn't anything more to really do. Maybe add some Vit D, K2 and Vit C to boost those aspects for the infection if you don't take them already. Hopefully its just a "mild" Covid infection and you get over it in a few weeks.

Wishful

I got some sort of flu after my second vaccination. As typical for influenza infection for me, I felt worse for a day or two, then back to normal. Asking about other people's responses isn't likely to be helpful, since we are all different. 99% of the responses could be "minor symptoms for a few days" yet you could be severely ill from it for a year, or 99% could report dire consequences, while you have a short, minor response. Even if the majority of responses are that "<whatever treatment> really helped me!", that doesn't guarantee that it will work for you, although it does make it a better gamble.

elvira

I got some sort of flu after my second vaccination. As typical for influenza infection for me, I felt worse for a day or two, then back to normal. Asking about other people's responses isn't likely to be helpful, since we are all different. 99% of the responses could be "minor symptoms for a few days" yet you could be severely ill from it for a year, or 99% could report dire consequences, while you have a short, minor response. Even if the majority of responses are that "<whatever treatment> really helped me!", that doesn't guarantee that it will work for you, although it does make it a better gamble.

That is true, only time will tell...

GlassCannonLife

Now I’m feeling worse again, I have to keep my cool😓😅

Yeah try and rest and relax. My wife and I both had weird ups and downs in symptoms over the days. If you're not starting to crash then you'll probably avoid the same thing I had. From day 2 I just felt more and more fatigued and crashed and then had a massive crash on day 11.

Last edited:

GlassCannonLife

Not very good... a bit less fever but very weak and fatigued. Lots of anxiety too because i’m so worried, it just feels so unneccesesary having to deal with this too!

How are you doing? 🌞

Yeah it feels super unnecessary, especially so far after the pandemic started!

I hope you're keeping your fluids (and supplements) up? I found zinc acetate lozenges useful. Please try and stay calm about it, I was reading today that stress causes more inflammation so not the best for us! But then again trying to stay calm can be.. Stressful. Lol.

I'm doing ok at the moment, but today was really rough.. I tried showering on Friday night and caused myself a mass of extra PEM I've been working through (Sunday night here now). It feels like it finally dissolved away a little bit a couple of hours ago though but we'll see.. Unstable during the night generally atm so I'll find out in the morning if I got through it ok.

elvira

Yeah it feels super unnecessary, especially so far after the pandemic started!

I hope you're keeping your fluids (and supplements) up? I found zinc acetate lozenges useful. Please try and stay calm about it, I was reading today that stress causes more inflammation so not the best for us! But then again trying to stay calm can be.. Stressful. Lol.

I'm doing ok at the moment, but today was really rough.. I tried showering on Friday night and caused myself a mass of extra PEM I've been working through (Sunday night here now). It feels like it finally dissolved away a little bit a couple of hours ago though but we'll see.. Unstable during the night generally atm so I'll find out in the morning if I got through it ok.

Yes lots of supplements and fluids! I will try to keep calm and have faith that it will pass, eventually🙏 Even those with long term effects seem to recover in the end! And if we’re lucky Omicron is kinder than the other variants...

I’m happy you’re feeling a bit better, gives me hope! Aaah yes the showers... I don’t know when they will happen again haha😅 Hope you’ll have a restful night! Here in Sweden it’s only lunch time.

elvira

Hey, a bit poorly.. Not sure what I will do to be honest. Flared up more on Wednesday and had to take 750 mg pregnenolone that day and 700 the last few days - trying to go down but each day has seemed tougher.. Going to message my doctor about it and see what he thinks..

How about you?

Oh no, so sorry:(( do you think it’s the covid or ME that’s causing your symptoms?

I was doing okay, infection has passed, but now i’m in a bad crash since yesterday (day 9)... very weak and fatigued. It’s scary not knowing how things will work out. I hope it’s just PEM from the exertion the infection caused.

GlassCannonLife

Oh no, so sorry:(( do you think it’s the covid or ME that’s causing your symptoms?

I was doing okay, infection has passed, but now i’m in a bad crash since yesterday (day 9)... very weak and fatigued. It’s scary not knowing how things will work out. I hope it’s just PEM from the exertion the infection caused.

Yeah I think it's the ME, like you. Made it through the infection but super badly crashed. Yeah it is super scary when it gets bad hey. I wish I hadn't crutched off the pregnenolone so much when I started getting worse because now I have no idea how bad I really am and it's super hard to come off..