• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Quatrefolic Stop Working?

Methyl90

I was wondering if any of you noticed that after 15-20 days the methylfolate, in my case Quatrefolic, stops working and needs to change to the methylfolate in calcium salt and / or
vice versa ? or after a certain time does methylfolate consume other vitamins and minerals that are essential for its metabolism? thank you!

Methyl90

If it stops working, you are likely missing other cofactors, somewhere in the methylation process. Are you taking magnesium? Potassium? Zinc? B2, B6, MB12, TMG, B1, glycine, glutamine, NAC?

I agree with Fred's line of thinking very much: every time I take NAC the B12 is excreted within a few hours ... including methylfolate ... I'm still trying to fix the severe MB12 and lithium deficiency it's definitely helping me. I never needed the extra potassium, only after two weeks of methylfolate. As for the rest I should do a nutrient test.