• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Putting methylation into perspective: the liver

Gondwanaland

it's on my list for "next things to try" - along w oxaloacetate, PQQ, and a liver cleanse:

• 15 mL (1 tbs) of apple cider vinegar four times a day for a week preceding the flush
  • 6 AM – 1 tablespoon magnesium sulfate in one glass of water
  • 8 AM – drank 1/4 cup olive oil blended with three-quarter cups grapefruit juice
  • 12 AM – 1 tablespoon magnesium sulfate in one glass of water
  • 2 PM – 1 tablespoon magnesium sulfate in one glass of water
Please let me know how you do on the them. I had a liver cleanse recipe with malic acid or apple juice instead of the vinegar, but 1/2 glass of apple juice causes oxalate dump in my bladder :meh: Then I never tried it.

ebethc

Please let me know how you do on the them. I had a liver cleanse recipe with malic acid or apple juice instead of the vinegar, but 1/2 glass of apple juice causes oxalate dump in my bladder :meh: Then I never tried it.

I've been using 1 tbs of Bragg's ACV, diluted in ~0.5C of water... 4x a day is ALOT and I can't do more than 2x... getting straws tomorrow so that acid doesn't melt my teeth :)

WoolPippi

@WoolPippi and @Gondwanaland

Have you tried gentian?
no I have not.

My bile production has tapered off, I don't know why. Acidifying the stomach acid doesn't help.
The only thing that has changed is that I started taking lots more of hydrocortisone (HC). Perhaps both HC and bile need the same liver enzym (CYP3A4, 5 and 7)? I don't know. It's a new riddle to me.

jjxx

it's on my list for "next things to try" - along w oxaloacetate, PQQ, and a liver cleanse:

• 15 mL (1 tbs) of apple cider vinegar four times a day for a week preceding the flush
  • 6 AM – 1 tablespoon magnesium sulfate in one glass of water
  • 8 AM – drank 1/4 cup olive oil blended with three-quarter cups grapefruit juice
  • 12 AM – 1 tablespoon magnesium sulfate in one glass of water
  • 2 PM – 1 tablespoon magnesium sulfate in one glass of water
Have you tried it, how do you think?

lauluce

as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope
thanks! I just got an elevated Alanine transaminase on a liver test, I'll read it!

pogoman

FWIW I've started back on molybdenum to help with sulfur issues (brain fade, fatigue) after starting high dose biotin and one a day thiamine last week (both sulfur B vitamins).
I did labs earlier this month pointing toward lactic acidosis as a possible reason for my nighttime muscle/joint pain and stiffness, both vitamins are used for various mito causes of high lactic acid.

Gondwanaland

Right now I am seeing methylation, chelation, paleo/lowcarb diets all under the uric acid perspective. Uric acid is the thing that seems to connect it all.

Gondwanaland

Hello everybody,

I have low alkaline phosphatase and low cholesterol.Can somebody give me some insight?
Not that I recommend it, but drinking bulletproof coffee (with heavy cream / buttermilk) made my already high cholesterol skyrocket.

Many people that go on a low carb high fat diet see their cholesterol levels raise, but since it is a genetic response some people see no change, and others just get an improvement in their profile.

Has anyone considered the timing of supplements for liver detox?
I've heard the liver works hader during the night so would it make sense to take the supporting supplements at dinner?
Ben Lynch also suggests doing sauna in the evening for the same reason.