• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Problems with Acetyl L-Carnitine?

So, Sparrow since you reacted strongly but you say now you notice neither good or bad does that mean over time the overstimulation effect went away? I really would like to try it again because I did notice a positive effect, but it definitely overstimulated me too. Almost to the point where I felt, not manic, but a mild version of that. Something like being on drugs.

L'engle

moogle
I've figured out that it is both L-carnitine and DHEA affecting sleep, but they both do help exercise, and even better in combination. So today I've opened the capsules and just taken about a quarter of each, so maybe 1mg+ of DHEA and 250mg l-carnitine fumarate. Got to find the right amount.

I will try and remember this thread when I start the Acetyl L Carnitine I got :( I thought I took Acetyl L Carnitine before without problems. A lot of supplements and meds give me insomnia.

YvieArtist

Artist and survivor.
I have had no problems taking the Acetyl L-Carnitine. In fact it definately had helped my evening brain fog. I'm taking 400 daily with 200mg Alpha Lipoic Acid in it.