• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Probiotics

Diflucan is an antifungal, so it will kill off a yeast overgrowth. Jacob Teitelbaum MD says all CFS patients must fight Candida A. continuously. Brenda Watson ND, CNC says that Yeast and bacteria keep each other in check, but a yeast overgrowth will punch holes in the villa of the intestines. This is the cause of leaky gut syndrome...so now we leak probiotics into the blood stream. It hits the liver first.
Stomach acid kills off most of the good and bad bacteria, so enteric coating makes sense. Drinking minimal liquids with a meal will help with digestion.
Yeasts and viruses breath sugar, so minimal sugar is a must.
RenewLife.com makes a product called IntestiNew, it coats the villa of the intestines to allow it to heal. I'm on day 3 of testing it. I have bad leaky gut syndrome.