• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Possibility for Craniocervical Instability

I was talking to the lovely Mary about my dysphagia. She thought it might be CCI. The good news is I am going to get an MRI tomorrow so I can tell the radiologist about this. I do have some of the symptoms associated with this, however I don’t know what the cause would be. I am autistic and I used to stim. I used to shake my head and neck vigorously. I think that this might br the cause.

Hip

I am autistic and I used to stim.

One individual with autism (LouiseLouise) on this forum found high-dose biotin 100 mg twice daily dramatically improved her autism. Might be worth looking into.

The good news is I am going to get an MRI tomorrow so I can tell the radiologist about this.

If you want to send your MRI scan to Dr Bolognese for his comments about whether you might have CCI, you can ask the radiologist to provide you with your MRI scan on a CD-ROM.

Dr Bolognese in the 2018 video at 48:39 says for CCI diagnosis you need a cervical MRI, not a brain MRI (because the patient is placed in a different position in a brain MRI). And it must be a mid-sagittal MRI image.

The cervical MRI focuses on the top of the spine and skull.

Bolognese looks at the T2 weighted MRI images. On the T2 image the cerebrospinal fluid appears white, whereas it appears black on the T1.

lenora

Hello Everyone.....CCI is far from the only diagnosis with the exact same symptoms. Trust me...my primary illnesses nearly killed me and they had the exact same symptoms as CCl and ME. If we start asking, an MRI will become an important part of making a diagnosis. I consider it a blessing each time I enter one...and I've had between 45-50 of them.

It's true that you may be left with ME, or not, but at least you'll know exactly what's going on.

There are hundreds of diseases that share similar symptoms....you may be surprised. Yours, Lenora.

Last edited by a moderator:

lenora

Sorry, but I always, always forget something important. Please request that the MRI be done with and without contrast dye. It makes diagnosis much clearer. Yours, Leonora