• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Please sign the following iPetition...( Panorama investigation)

sproggle

Jan
Our petition is now hosted on iPetitions... please sign! :)

Please follow the link below and sign our petition to help us highlight the plight of ME sufferers by getting the BBC Programme Panorama to investigate and highlight the ways in which sufferers have been marginalised and neglected by UK government bodies.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/meinvestigation/

Thank you x

(I apologise if you have already signed through the email address I provided, please sign again this way.)

Adam

Nice one SuperSprog :victory:

I signed. Great to see another positive thread. Someone doing something POSITIVE. Instead of arguing the toss. Winding folk up and trolling.

I admire your guts for sticking with this. :D

This stuff really makes my day. :Retro smile:

sproggle

Jan
Nice one SuperSprog :victory:

I signed. Great to see another positive thread. Someone doing something POSITIVE. Instead of arguing the toss. Winding folk up and trolling.

I admire your guts for sticking with this. :D

This stuff really makes my day. :Retro smile:

Thanks Adam that's music to my ears!

:hug:

sproggle

Jan
Not a happy bunny!

Just had my profile disabled on facebook, can no longer log on or post to my campaign group!!! :Retro mad:

I was pming friends to alert them to the petition (those I've known from school etc. that aren't in the group). I've messaged fb

I was sending messages to friends to ask for support for a petition, I was not violating any rules &I did not recieve any warnings or complaints. Please don't punish me for campaigning on behalf of ME sufferers, my fb group is called Panorama ME Investigation Campaign (by Getting ME on TV!) and the message I was sending to my friends was "Our petition is now hosted on iPetitions... please sign! :)

Please follow the link below and sign our petition to help us highlight the plight of ME sufferers by getting the BBC Programme Panorama to investigate and highlight the ways in which sufferers have been marginalised and neglected by UK government bodies.

http://www.facebook.com/l/b6757;www.ipetitions.com/petition/meinvestigation/

Thank you x"

Could you please reinstate my account as it is essential for the campaign &people are relying on me. I will refrain from sending so many multiple pms in future if it is likely to get me automatically banned again, is there a limit of pm you can send per hr or day? I can see why fb would have such a policy.

Thanks for your help
Jan

Nightmare!! :Retro mad: :worried:

Mark

Oh no! Nightmare! Does it definitely say your account's suspended and gives no reason? That's really bad.

Please don't get too stressed about it. Even without your FB work, the petition is up there, 200+ signatures already. While Sproggle's been taken offline, hopefully the rest of the forum can help pick up the baton. You don't have to be UK residents, remember.

I wonder if it's something to do with the iPetition link? Just because the link in your last post is some kind of redirect via facebook to iPetitions, which pops a warning message up - perhaps it's that, and not the multiple PMs, that caused the problem?

Anyway, best of luck getting your Facebook account back Sproggle, and please don't let it stress you too much: you've done a great job already and the ball is rolling anyway...

sproggle

Jan
Yep happened to another ME campaigner a while ago &took him about a fortnight to get it sorted :worried:

Anyway, just hope the petition keeps getting enough interest while I'm away! Gotta laugh at the sillyness of it! :tear:

Jan

sproggle

Jan
Signed. Thanks for this Sproggle - it packs a good punch - : )

Hi Trooper! thanks your a real 'trooper' :D Sorry couldn't resist, terrible I know! :ashamed:

Day 2 &we're currently at 242 signatures but we need MANY MANY more so please send the link to everyone you think might sign. I've sent it to lots of different ME groups &will see what happens but please send it to any you know &all ya friends.

Cheers everyone :victory:
Jan

sproggle

Jan
:victory: Over half way to our first target of 1000 signatures :victory:

I've been emailing ME groups &so far it has been sent out to the Chester MESH members and will appear in both the Birmingham ME group newsletter & IiME newsletter!

If anyone has any ideas for how else to raise awareness of the petition &collect more signatures, just let me know!

Thanks all
Jan x

sproggle

Jan
:eek: Ok just got a bit freaked out, I checked the number of signatures and it came to 666!!! Yes the number Wessely&co were born with on their foreheads!!!! :eek: :tear:

Don't worry panic over, we're safely at 677 &nothing terrible happened!! Phew! :tongue: Well at least I don't think it did?? :confused: :innocent1:

Jan xx

sproggle

Jan
The Panorama ME Investigation Campaign petition is now hosted on iPetitions, please help us to collect signatures! ;)

Thank you x
Jan

Nearly at 800 signatures, please keep up the support!