• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pix/reports from the #Missing Millions protests today

I think yesterday was the first time I felt real hope for this illness since becoming ill. I didn't expect to be so affected by the protests, but I was really touched and am so grateful to everyone who made it, to everyone that will be crashing because of the exertion. I watched the live streams and it gave me a real sense of connection, and community for this illness I haven't felt before (bar on here).

Especially grateful Ron Davis and Janet were involved, and I truly believe he is our absolute best hope. Some of my money each month is going to him now as I truly believe he will crack this bastard disease. The mitochondria have always been heavily implicated, and am so glad, but not suprised, he is looking there.

Anyway wittering on. Huge thanks to everyone involved, I am very grateful.

B
Agree with you Ben.. It was an awesome sense of connection to a community that is usually only "together" through online forums, if we're healthy enough to even participate in that. (Like this one, haha) Even for those who couldn't attend, there was a sense that everyone who DID represented us ALL, and that is a powerful feeling. I know this is the beginning of real change, and the end of neglect on the part of our respective governments. Looking forward to watching it all unfold and to finding answers to decade long mysteries. Hang in there everybody, we're gonna get there, and when we do, we will be more grateful and appreciative human beings than we ever would have been if we were never sick. And that will be a truly incredible feeling-- I look forward to it all the time :)

Yogi

This is from the Northern Ireland #MillionsMissing on June 6th 2016 This is the best slide I have seen.

"NEVER IN THE FIELD OF MODERN MEDICINE HAS SO MUCH HARM BEEN DONE TO SO MANY BY SO FEW"

Totally agree - maybe that should be put on the PACEMAN t- shirt

http://www.zazzle.com/collections/humorous-119240340306535427

Hear Hear. I could not agree anymore. Love it!!

ballard

Rivka 7 Resize.jpg

On August 13 &14th, 2010, Rivka Solomon stood alone as a one woman protest in front of the Red Cross headquarters and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services in Washington D.C. At that time, she called for people to protest in small groups for improved government funding for ME/CFS.

Almost six years later, on May 25, 2016, groups of people protested in cities around the world to demand that their governments fully fund ME/CFS research.

Thank you to everyone who was part of the #MillionsMissing campaign.

Silent no more!