• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Phoenix Rising YouTube Video Thread

JustJack

put on yer dancin' shoes
Me in the beginning in the wheelchair

Daer PR friends,

I don't post alot, but that is me, in the very beginning of the video.
I am so happy to be in it, teej and all did such an amazing job, so beautiful
haunting and sad.

I wish I was on the other side of the window, out in the world again with a
life, friends and a job that I looked forward to...

This illness has robbed all that. I feel blessed to be able to come to the forum
and see and feel others like me, it is one of the things that keeps me going
right now. So many smart, passionate people.

Thanks to you all,
JJ:cool:

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
Another friend just sent me this:

Thank you.

Everybody should see this. I dont even know how to TRY to relate to a situation like this. AND, if I sound like I trivialize or discredit anything about this hideous illness, I hope you slap me around.

I won't "slap her around" but it is good to know that she "gets it."

starryeyes

Shelley that is very cool, thank you so much for sharing those comments. I really appreciate you sharing those! It's great to feel that we make a difference.

Frickly, that's really great you got such positive feedback. It's very common for PWC to have reactivated EBV all the time.

JJ thank you for being in it and it's great to hear from you.

Gracenote.. lol!! She sounds like a good person.

We changed the scenery in both of the looking out of the window photos so that they look like they're in apartments on the 2nd floor. lol

H

hiddenlives

Thank you for this! I first saw it when surfing tags on Wordpress yesterday and was too overcome to watch it all. Today I did. Today I posted it to my blog. http://mycfslife.wordpress.com As I said there, there was a time I sought out a local support group just because I needed to see their faces. Thank you for helping me and countless others to do that.