• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Phoenix Rising Forums Accomplishments

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
This is a section to post accomplishments rising out of the Phoenix Rising Forums

Complete Transcriptions of

• Dr. Peterson's Talk at the CFSAC Meeting (Oct 28/29th '09)
  • Dr. Coffin's Talk at the CFSAC Meeting (Oct 28/29th '09)
  • XMRV Q&A Session at the CFSAC Meeting (Oct 28/29th '09)
  • Dr. Klimas's 2 Hour XMRV Lecture (Oct '09)
  • Dr. Bell's Tustin, Ca XMRV Lecture (Jan ''09)
  • Dr. Mikovits Santa Barbara, Ca XMRV Lecture (Jan '09)
  • The Dr. Raccaniello/Dr. Goff Talk on XMRV (April '10)

Activities

• New Day Treatment Review Group - for 4 months or so the New Day Group publicly followed 4 patients as they underwent treatment with the doctor that cured Mike Dessin. Negative activities on the Prohealth Message Boards and elsewhere resulted in the group being turned into a private group (August 2009).
  • Phoenix Rising Action Group - Frank creates a mailing list that provides members of the Phoenix Rising Forums and ME/CFS patients quick access to actions that make a difference. (March 2010)
  • "SockIt2ME/CFS" Public Art Activism 'socks' project (aka the AID's Quilt) and a website to house the project created by Creekfoot and her compatriots (April 2010)
  • Comprehensive XMRV+ survey Over several months Kim, Advocate, Julius and other members of the Phoenix Rising Forums create an XMRV survey to characterize people who tested positive for XMRV (May 2010)

Fundraisers

Video's

Stories

JillBohr

This is the best site EVER! I remember several weeks ago (on a Thursday - my day off) and it was down for several hours. It was a very difficult time for me. This is the first place I go to when I have time to surf.

hi

one thing about chronic fatigue you eventually feel better it took me about 4 years but it does happen.

Min

Well done Cort, that's brilliant!

one thing about chronic fatigue you eventually feel better it took me about 4 years but it does happen.

yes but chronic fatigue is a completely different illness to myalgic encephalomyelitis (I have had a severe form of it for the last 16 years with no remission ) - sometimes called by the ridiculous name of chronic fatigue syndrome:

WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION (W.H.O.) DEFINITION OF M.E. ME/CFS is an acquired organic, pathophysiological, multi-systemic illness that occurs in both sporadic and epidemic forms. Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ICD 10 G93.3), which includes CFS, is classified as a neurological disease in the World Health Organization's International Classification of Diseases (ICD). Chronic fatigue must not be confused with ME/CFS because the "fatigue" of ME/CFS represents pathophysiological exhaustion and is only one of many symptoms. Compelling research evidence of physiological and biochemical abnormalities identifies ME/CFS as a distinct, biological clinical disorder.

M.E. is now being linked to a gamma retrovirus - without medical intervention people with this retrovirus will never 'feel better'