• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pepsi Refresh Everything for National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD)

*GG*

Empower the 1 in 10 Americans with rare diseases through knowledge

NORD will update and expand the Rare Disease Database, a unique online resource that provides reports in patient-friendly language on more than 1,200 rare diseases. A rare disease affects fewer than 200,000 people, and together they affect nearly 30 million Americans. Many rare diseases are obscure and extremely difficult to diagnose, and the patients suffering from them often feel terribly isolated and are desperate for any information.

These reports provide information on symptoms, causes, treatments, clinical trials, and links to other sources of help, like patient support groups and other health organizations.

Educational tools and resources about specific rare diseases are a powerful way to empower patients to become self advocates.

NORD strives to add new reports and update the current ones with the most up-to- date information; however, with meager resources this is often difficult. The reports are written by medical writers and are reviewed at no cost by medical experts.
How will the 50K be Used?
$ 30,000 Salary for 2 Medical Writers
$ 5,000 Salary for Editorial Assistant
$ 10,000 Salary for Medical Editor
$ 5,000 IT Support

http://www.refresheverything.com/nord

*GG*

I know this will not likely help ME/CFS people, but perhaps some of these people have XMRV?

I think it helps to pay it forward, and help others who are in a very similar situation as us!

GG

frenchtulip

I have been casting ten votes daily every month for Health projects--esp. for the medical research projects, where the dollars can have a great impact. There are many devastating illnesses which do not get adequate government funding.

I will add NORD to my list, and there are a lot of really good Health projects this month. My goal is always to get funding for as many Health projects as possible. If, by the second or third week, a project does not stand a chance of winning or being a runner-up to compete in the next round, I switch my vote to support another Health project which does have a chance of doing well.

The American Express Members project Take Part contest is another competition in which I am voting weekly for a Health organization. The State Farm Batting competition was a really fun approach, and several of my favorite Health organizations won nice amounts. These are great opportunities! I make voting a priority.

*GG*

Anybody else on board? Wish we had something more specific for our cause, then we could ask for votes for our Cause!