• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

People cured by laxatives & link with FMT

JES

Any idea why it did not work? I had a great day of remission in 2014 after some kind of food poisoning, so I still think you are onto something with the gut bacteria responsible for our symptoms.

I'm not too sold on the liver hypothesis as some of those are very specific symptoms, which most of us don't show up with, but good luck with the experiment!

First of all, the doses of oregano oil (very potent antifungal) and vinegar were small. I didn't want to put a lot of them on my first colonic. I wasn't even sure I would achieve my colonic, it was try. So it may be about the doses.

But I think that it rather is because there was nothing wrong with my colon. If I have candidiasis for exemple, the problem would lie in my small intestine, not in my colon & then a colonic wouldn't do nothing and what would work would be having a normal amount of bile down there.

Also, I didn't try with a bigger amount of oregano oil because it exhausted me. Must have been electrolytes loss. It was not fun. And I didn't see the first glimpse of health benefits so why would I try again?

Any idea why it did not work? I had a great day of remission in 2014 after some kind of food poisoning, so I still think you are onto something with the gut bacteria responsible for our symptoms.

I suggest you try to do a colonic, then only you can know if your problem lies in your colon. If it does not, it probably lies in the small intestine, and that may be indicative of a liver issue. Maybe food intoxication influences the liver too, I don't know. I am really hopeful about the protocol & will keep you updated whatsoever.

Wishful

I had a great day of remission in 2014 after some kind of food poisoning,
Yay food poisoning! Too bad its benefits are not reliable and repeatable. More commonly painful and messy.

I think our guts affect our ME severity, but aren't responsible for ME. A PWME might find a cure there, but only if their ME is working in some rare form where it's being held in that state by some factor created in the gut. The rest of us might find some reduction in some symptoms by gut intervention of some sort, but a given treatment might not work for more than just a few individuals. I'd be in much worse shape if I wasn't avoiding quite a few foods.

I think our guts affect our ME severity, but aren't responsible for ME. A PWME might find a cure there, but only if their ME is working in some rare form where it's being held in that state by some factor created in the gut.
In fact I think that what is responsible for CFS is also responsible for a messed up gut. Pasteur, who thought the body was sterile, is completely obsolete now. Gut bacteria live in symbiosis with us & the body has a lot of ways to regulate them. If the body doesn't, it not the fault of bacteria but the fault of a faulty mechanism in our body. Bacteria are like an organ. They are part of us.

hapl808

We seem to have similar cases except that I don't experience PEM. I'm always exhausted on the moment, I can't get indebt energy wise. I'll keep you informed. I believe there is hope for your case.

I'm both. I'm always exhausted in the moment. I haven't had a feeling of 'not tired' for over eight years (since my decline into moderate-severe). However, if I'm not in a PEM crash, I'm 'only' housebound and not bedbound. If I have a PEM crash, that moves me to bedbound and unable to talk on the phone, etc.

JasonPerth

When i was Mild CFS and had a few IBS issues / constant inflammed stomach/ constant diarrhoea. I booked myself in for a colonoscopy, i also felt somewhat of a relief following the colonoscopy and flushing out everything. However it was short lived.
A fauly ANS and Dysautonomia issue wont care about a flush for long unless you stop eating.
I dont have the balls to try it but some get benifits from a 3 day fast.
In a protocol thats worked for some its the final step, its on a discord with many people about a CFS theory/protocol that adds up with evidence.

I did the Andreas Moritz protocol and it didn't help me. But nothing came out of me beside regular poop, there was no "cholesterol sludge" or gallstones. So I'm not gonna give up on that lead. I really think I have an issue with my bile flow/ liver/ gallbladder.

So I'm gonna take enzymes & TUDCA (synthetic bile salts that greatly improve bile flow & are medically used under an other form [UDCA] to dissolve gallstones)for two weeks and then do the flush again. I'll keep you updated.

Any carrion around? Long-forgotten containers hiding in your fridge? My canned coconut milk caught me by surprise, although the yellow tinge should have warned me. Are there any safe forms of food poisoning that provides effective gut flushing?

In the protocol I followed, before & after the flush you had to drink epson salt (magnesium sulfate) dissolved in water. And it makes you shit your guts out. You drink 15g of it. Wait for 2 hours, and drink another 15g. It takes 90 minutes to kick in, and about 5h to wear off. By the end you'll be shitting water. Don't eat anything hours prior of doing that.

Back