• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pain gone with AMBROXOL

Lisa108

Pfff, that was easy (just a google search in my native language). But thanks and you're welcome! :redface:
I hope you'll find a way to get this cream.

Hd-x

Unfortunately versandapo (and all other German online pharmacies I looked up so far) don't ship 'abroad'. Europe only.
Edit: Europe and European Economic Area only.
Edit: Wait. I found one. But shipping is 69,95 €! Link here.
Sounds rather expensive for a 8$ medicine (in Germany a bottle still costs a few bucks)
So, why do you not just simply buy it from Ebay ?? ;)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=Mucosolvan+&_sacat=0

Mucosolvan is still one trade name for Ambroxol syrup or pills.
You will find it at ebay.com from some other sellers shipping it worldwide, too.

Last edited:

MEKoan

MEKoan

Lisa, Here's why we don't just order it from ebay. It would cost $60 CAD for 20 capsules. :0(

Hd-x

Perhaps my english is too bad, but I have no idea what @MEKoan ist telling there about 60$. Ambroxol pills usually still cost 15$ and the syrup around 20$ incl. international shipping.
Example: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mucosolv...869499&hash=item3b25634b8e:g:VjkAAOSw851cGHpi
Scroll down to "postage & payment"
-> change yours country to Canada or whatever so,
= £16.62 Package/posting + £5.61 import fees.
If you want a better price, there a lot of other sellers from UK, Malaysia, Polski and so on.
Ambroxol is in most countries worldwide availble. (except USA/Canada or so)

Last edited:

Lisa108

Hallo @Hd-x,
leider stimmt das nicht, dass der Versand inkl. ist. Wenn du die Seite des ebay-Anbieters von deinem Link weiter runterscrollst, zum Tab "postage and payments", und da Canada eingibst, dann ergeben sich locker über 20 GBP (etwa 35 CAD) nur für den Versand.

Die 60 Kanadische Dollar bezogen sich wahrscheinlich auf die Versand-Kosten der von mir verlinkten Versandapotheke in dem älteren Post?

Hi @Hd-x,
unfortunately it isn't correct that shipping is incl. If you scroll down your linked ebay-page to the tab called "postage and payments" and change settings to Canada, then you'll see that it is around 20 GBP ( around 35 CAD) for shipping+ taxes.

The 60 CAD might relate to the shipping costs from the online drugstore I linked in one of my older posts?

Hd-x

Hallo Lisa,
und sry, aber verstehe ich wirklich nicht - wie ihr auf die Gebühren kommt
oben der UK, dadrunter der Malaisische Händler.

ebay.jpg
Davon ab, bei dem malaisia Händler steht doch schon oben in der Auktion "Free international shipping".
Da kann allenfalls nur Zoll anfallen.

Last edited:

Lisa108

You said that shipping was inclusive. In your link in post #47, it is not inclusive, but adds to the price of the product.
The malaysian distributor looks interesting. Do you have a link to that page?

The 60 CAD fee were from German online-pharmacies, I assume. That is what insured shipping from Germany to Canada costs. [Edit: that would be 60 Euro/90 CAD]

Edit: Maybe we should create a new thread on how to import ambroxol to Canada.

Hd-x

@Hd-x, Do you know if it can be compounded into a cream, as this is no pure powder?
I dont think that the receipe on page 2 works fine if the intregens arent bond with an emulgator and without
adidional preservative stuff, I guess it will break down with the time and obvisiously there may be some risc that it could be contaminated over the time.
About the syrup; it contains Ambroxol HCL, water, Benzoeacid, a little bit sucralose + aroma/taste. Certainly you dont need sucralose + taste in any cream, but if you left DMSO it will obvisously not bother much. If you want a pure cream + DMSO better go with the pure powder. Ambroxol HCL powder is availible from several chinese suppliers shipping worldwide.

Last edited:

valentinelynx

well ok, I meant in the upper part of my hindlegs , you are not nice to laugh at a poor french trying it's best :rofl:

I'm sorry... it was the "hindlegs" thing that got me. "Proximal" is perfectly good medical English for the upper part of the leg. But, generally, in speaking about humans, we have arms and legs, not forelegs and hindlegs... If you wanted to make it all medical lingo, you'd say, "Proximal lower extremities." Otherwise, we just call them "thighs". ;)

pattismith

I'm sorry... it was the "hindlegs" thing that got me. "Proximal" is perfectly good medical English for the upper part of the leg. But, generally, in speaking about humans, we have arms and legs, not forelegs and hindlegs... If you wanted to make it all medical lingo, you'd say, "Proximal lower extremities." Otherwise, we just call them "thighs". ;)
yes of course, thank you for reminding me the right words, I guess I go straight to medical vet vocabulary, it's more natural to me ;):snigger:

humanrising

My pains were worsening for some weeks, and so my mood disorders.( For 6 months, I had digestive issues and a lot of stress that may have triggered the problems)

Finally I found that Ambroxol could be helpful, it is cheap and not risky, so I started a few days ago and a kind of miracle happened. My pains vanished as soon as I started it.

Hard to believe that such a benign drug can be so powerful, let's see if the effect will keep going on the long run...

Ambroxol is a sodium channel blocker active on Nav1.8 in the dorsal root ganglia, and some studies suggest a positive effect for Fibromyalgia.

For the moment I take 15 mg three times a day.

I had to stop T3, it doesn't seem to match with it (first time I can withdraw from T3 for many months!)
I was totally sleepy and weak when taking them together.

I have severe insomnia and pain of course they feed on each other. ..... what do you think about taking it for sleep? I take Synthroid for my hashmiotos. if it will help me sleep that would be great...……………... pain relief heaven!

if I took it at night do you think the sleepiness would happen during the day as well even if you sleep? thanks

pattismith

I have severe insomnia and pain of course they feed on each other. ..... what do you think about taking it for sleep? I take Synthroid for my hashmiotos. if it will help me sleep that would be great...……………... pain relief heaven!

if I took it at night do you think the sleepiness would happen during the day as well even if you sleep? thanks
It is worth trying it, this drug is one of the safest I have tryed.

Note that since I started to supplement with testosterone, I don't have this sleepiness effect from Ambroxol any longer.