• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pacing for progress

Emmarose47

Hi I got fairly stable end of summer and had a good mth ..been paying for it since . I'm in a better place than I was . Neuro pain gone , no exhaustion , light sensitivity better , temp flucs gone .
However needing to be cautious with activity and still house / garden bound . Doing too much pre lunch esp is dangerous and can tip v easily .
My warning signs are feeling a bit ' weird , lymph node swell and flu aches and then I lay flat and rest and it passes .

Where do I go from here I ask myself ? ... Should I keep paced until the lymph and flu aches gone and then give it even more time ?

Any experience welcome thanks

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Doing too much pre lunch esp is dangerous and can tip v easily .

Morning are rough. I have to constantly remember not to be too hard on myself at that time of day.

I also need to learn to spread things out more...like do one task and then sit down. It's just that when I get on a roll I want to keep going till the momentum wears out. Even so, I'm just doing very small tasks. It's just that I need to stop lumping them together so much.

I'm also thinking that I need to go lay down more. I'll sit down but not lay down but my heart races even with just sitting lately. It's a negative progression of my disease. :(

My warning signs are sleepiness and becoming very, very cold. If I do too many tasks and wait too long to lay down I get the sore throat/flu like feelings you describe.

I'm starting to think I'm going to have to do what this guy did in this post I mentioned. https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/poll-did-strict-pacing-help-you.86426/#post-2381091 i.e, 15 minutes of activity and then disciplining myself to do 45 minutes of laying down in quiet solitude. :(